Jonathan Rice is a senior member of CBRE Capital Market’s Debt & Structured Finance Team and CBRE Hotels’ Institutional Group. His responsibilities include arranging debt and equity capital on behalf of the firm’s clients throughout the United States. With more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Rice has been responsible for more than $8 billion of real estate transactions during his career.
Mr. Rice was formerly a Senior Managing Director of Insignia/ESG Capital Advisors prior to the firm’s merger with CBRE in 2003. Before joining Insignia, he was a member of HFF’s Atlanta office. Mr. Rice was previously the Southeast Regional Director of FINOVA Realty Capital, managing a team of 13 real estate professionals in five markets.
Mr. Rice began his career in South Florida, working for a prominent CPA firm with a real estate focus and two local developers. He joined Lennar Corporation in 1989, and opened the Atlanta office of LNR Property Company (then a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corp.) in 1993. He was primarily responsible for managing the company’s investments in several large joint ventures with The Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund and Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc.
- University of Licensed Real Estate Salesman, Georgia
- Licensed Mortgage Broker, Florida
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida (1982 – 1997)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (NAIOP), Member
- Real Estate Group of Atlanta, Treasurer
- Atlanta Hospitality Alliance, Member
- M.B.A., Florida Atlantic University, 1990
- B.S. in Accounting, Arizona State University, 1982