• International tourist arrivals to Phuket in H1 2017 reached 2.2 million, growing by 11% Y-o-Y. More than half of the tourist arrivals to Phuket (52%) came from two countries: China and Russia.
• According to statistics from STR Global, the H1 2017 average occupancy rate for Phuket was 79%, an increase of 0.2 percentage point from the previous year.
• There was relatively no growth in Q1 hotel performance. However, the Q2 hotel performance indicators showed significant increase in ADR and RevPAR, both by 7% Y-o-Y. The growth was due to a low base last year when there were many discounts given to group bookings.
• Four new hotels were opened in H1 2017 adding 317 keys to the total supply.
• The total supply consisted of 125 hotels with around 21,500 keys and 55 new hotels with around 7,600 keys due to be completed in the future.