• While there has not been a spike in sublease space this quarter, sublease activity can be expected to rise in the following quarters.

• Vacant space under 10,000 sq. ft. currently comprises 87.4% of the Ottawa office market. The remaining 12.6% is space in excess of 10,000 sq. ft. This scarcity of blocks over 10,000 sq. ft. offers little for larger users seeking space in the National Capital Region.

• There has been much in the news concerning what the future of office space will look like. Although it is too early to tell, it will be interesting to see what changes arise from the COVID-19 experience.