- Vancouver, San Francisco, Austin, Seattle and New York were the top five markets for tech job growth in 2018 and 2019.
- Tech companies continue to expand beyond their headquarters markets, led by San Francisco Bay Area-based tech companies that have signed more than 30 million sq. ft. of office leases in 10 other markets since 2013.
- Sublease space offerings in Tech-30 markets have increased by 42% or 27 million sq. ft. from year-end 2019 to August 2020, and tenant demand has been cut in half.
- The seven most resilient tech markets best poised for future growth are Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., Vancouver, Atlanta, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Raleigh-Durham, and San Diego.
- The extraordinary rise of the Nasdaq Index since March indicates tremendous future earnings potential for the tech industry despite some recent volatility.
Explore More Tech Insights
My Hometown: How Tech Talent is driving local real estate decisions
CBRE’s Tech Sector experts, Colin Yasukochi, Lexi Russell and Dan Harvey join Spencer Levy to share insights into the many ways tech talent is influencing real estate markets.