CBRE’s 2021 EMEA Investor Intentions Survey was conducted from December 2020 to January 2021. Over 400 Europe-based investors participated in the survey, which asked respondents a range of questions regarding their buying appetite and preferred strategies for sectors and markets in 2021.
Key survey findings include:
- Investors generally hold upbeat views about the investment market in 2021 with 60% of respondents expecting to increase their purchasing activity this year.
- Germany was the subject of strong interest, with investors expecting it to be the first country in Europe to see investment volumes recover to pre-COVID levels.
- Investors showed a preference for core strategies amid an uncertain environment.
- Despite the implementation of flexible work patterns, offices remain the most preferred asset type for European-based investors.
- Investors have indicated a focus on rent growth, long-term demographic and technological trends, and wider adoption of ESG criteria.