CBRE U.S. Healthcare and Life Sciences Capital Markets (HLSCM) is a national practice of seasoned professionals who are dispersed throughout the United States and maintain relationships with the deepest sources of capital that are dedicated to investing in healthcare and life sciences assets. The group specializes in providing real estate investors with acquisition, disposition and debt & equity recapitalization strategies across the continuum of care, including medical office, life sciences, specialized and general acute care, long-term acute care, and other post-acute care operations. Additionally, we assist healthcare organizations with strategic capital planning (including monetization of non-core real estate) and advising owners and operators in sourcing equity for new development projects.
Led by Chris Bodnar and Lee Asher, CBRE was one of the first brokerage firms nationally to form a specialty practice focused on the healthcare and life science investment sector. Since the inception of the group, CBRE has become the leading real estate advisor to the healthcare and life sciences industry with more transactions than any other brokerage firm according to statistics provided by Real Capital Analytics (an independent third-party research firm). In 2020, the group was responsible for the disposition of over 3.8 million square feet of healthcare real estate across 85 properties. Sales and financings for the year totaled over $1.6 billion.
- Assisting health systems, investors and developers in the monetization of their owned real estate
- Structuring equity (co-GP, preferred equity and LP capital) for new development projects
- Providing innovative financing solutions through deeply rooted lender relationships
- Direct hospital lender through the HUD Section 242 Mortgage Insurance Program
- Conduit financing structures for not-for-profits through the tax-exempt bond market