Travis Swenson is the Senior Managing Director and Head of the Americas property accounting services for CBRE’s Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions group. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Travis is responsible for the leadership and guidance of more than 800 professionals representing over 900 million square feet of real estate. He works closely with market leaders, account executives and real estate professionals to monitor and ensure the implementation of the right resources to increase value and deliver exceptional client outcomes.
Over the course of his career, Travis has focused on strategic consulting, auditing, tax, corporate finance, capital markets, and mergers & acquisitions with a strong emphasis on the real estate and financial services industries. Prior to joining CBRE, Travis was with Deloitte & Touche in the Capital Markets Advisory practice, where he led global financial institutions in the development and implementation of sustainable strategies to drive revenue growth, while mitigating strategic, financial, operational, regulatory and technology risks. Prior to this role, he worked in Deloitte’s Financial Services Audit and Tax practice, serving a variety of institutional asset management, private equity and alternative investment clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- 2016 ‘40 Under 40’ – Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
Education / Accreditations
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Minnesota and California
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CIMA / AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (AICPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (AICPA)
- University of Minnesota: Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Master of Business Administration – Executive MBA Program
- Study Abroad: International Residency in China
- University of San Diego: School of Business Administration, San Diego, California
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Study Abroad: Semester at Sea