Tom joined CBRE in 1979 after spending six years with Norwest (Wells Fargo) in commercial lending. During his first 10 years with CBRE, Tom focused on office leasing where he honed his value creation skills. In the late 1980s, Tom led the formation of the Twin Cities CBRE Capital Markets team focusing on office and industrial investments nationally. Tom was also one of the founding members of CBRE’s National Institutional Properties Group. Since 1989 Tom has become one of the most respected investment brokers nationally culminating with his induction into The Minnesota Real Estate Hall of Fame in 2018.
As a member of CBRE’s national Institutional Properties Tom is partnered locally with Ryan Watts, Judd Welliver, Sonja Dusil and Bentley Smith in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Institutional Properties is comprised of more than 90 individuals who lead teams for the execution of significant capital market assignments. The Minneapolis/St. Paul Institutional Properties team has completed 361 sale assignments in over 90 national markets totaling $13.04 billion since 2005.
Professional Affiliations And Associations
Minnesota Real Estate Hall of Fame inductee 2018
- NAIOP “Office Broker of the Year”
- 14-time member of the national Colbert Coldwell Circle recognizing top performance nationally
- Bob Jackson Award - 1987; recognizing leadership, integrity and ethical business practice
- William H McCarthy Award - 1997; the highest award within CBRE nationally for recognizing team-work and ethical business practice
- Induction into the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts Alumni of Notable Achievement - 2009
- CBRE RISE Award winner for upholding our values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence
University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts in Economics
American Banker's Association, National Commercial Lending School, University of Oklahoma
University of Michigan, Managers Program