In September 2018, CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBRE) acquired CB Richard Ellis-N.E. Partners, L.P. (CBRE/New England), a long-standing joint venture with Whittier Partners Group and the leading full-service commercial real estate services operation in New England.
Timothy B. Mitchell is a Vice President in the Hartford, Connecticut office of CBRE/New England. He has over 25 years of professional experience in the preparation and review of commercial real estate appraisals, feasibility studies, rent analysis, market studies, partial-interest analysis, property-assessment valuations, easements, consulting assignments, right-of-way valuations, and diminution-in-value from full and partial takings.
Mr. Mitchell specializes in the valuation of high-profile industrial properties, including defense contractors, food processing and refrigerated warehouses, research and development facilities, heavy-manufacturing plants, distribution complexes, business parks and industrial land for institutional investors and private investors. Mr. Mitchell appraised IBM's Burlington, Vermont facility, which is one of the world's largest producers of semiconductor technology and the largest-industrial building and employer in the State of Vermont. Mr. Mitchell has also appraised large and unique assets as Pratt & Whitney Aircraft's 6.2 million SF campus in East Hartford, Connecticut, the largest single-manufacturing facility on the East Coast. Other large industrial campuses appraised include Sikorsky Aircraft's manufacturing facility in Stratford, Connecticut, Hamilton Sundstrand's campus in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, The Hallmark Distribution Center in Enfield, Connecticut, Bozzutto's IGA Headquarters and Northeast Distribution Facility in Cheshire, Connecticut and Lego's North American Headquarters, distribution center and research facility in Enfield, Connecticut.
In addition to these industrial assets, Mr. Mitchell has provided appraisal and consulting services to a wide variety of unique and singular assets: Conservation Easement Restriction Study on Candlewood Lake-Connecticut's largest lake-for the purpose of a hydroelectric-pumped storage-generation system, performed a study for the decommissioning and re-use of the Connecticut Yankee Atomic Power Plant, performed a closure study for the Northern Capital Regional Landfill in Hartford, Connecticut, and performed a highest and best use study of the Goodspeed Airport in East Haddam, Connecticut.
Tim's experience encompasses a wide variety of property types including multi-family residential properties, retail assets, office projects, residential subdivisions and condominiums, auto dealerships, daycare facilities, schools, churches, public parks and recreational facilities, depleting assets such as sand and gravel mining operations, valuation of wetlands and other natural resources. Mr. Mitchell is qualified as an expert witness in the State of Connecticut and Federal Court.
- Published "The implications of Contamination on Value" in the New England Real Estate Journal
- Published "A look at the value of contaminated income-producing properties purchased with debt and equity" in the March 1997 edition of Connecticut's Environment Magazine
- Featured as a guest speaker, giving the Industrial Market Year in Review segment at the Connecticut Commercial Real Estate Conference sponsored by the University of Connecticut in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2007
- Featured as a guest lecturer in the series “Professionals in the Classroom” for the Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies at the University of Connecticut
- Appraisal Institute, MAI Candidate
- General Associate Member of the Appraisal Institute - Connecticut Chapter
- University of Connecticut
- Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Major: Finance with a concentration in Real Estate and Urban Economics
- Properties in Distressed Real Estate Markets – Appraisal Institute
- Measuring the effects of High Voltage Transmission Lines – Appraisal Institute
- An introduction to Valuing Green Buildings – Appraisal Institute
- Detrimental Conditions in Real Estate – Appraisal Institute
- Legal Aspects of Easements – International Right of Way Association
- Corridors and Rights-of-Way: Valuation and Policy Symposium sponsored by the Centre for Advanced Property Economics and the International Right of Way Association in Washington, D.C.
- CREC Two Rivers | High School | Hartford, CT
- Cargill Animal Nutrition | Grain Elevator | Franklin, CT
- Connecticut Culinary Institute | School and Dormitory | Hartford, CT
- Land Rover of Milford | Auto Dealership | Milford, CT
- Avon Old Farms Inn | Restaurant | Avon, CT
- Stonington Road Apartments | Multifamily Residential | Norwich, CT
- Homegoods D.C. | 800,000 SF Distribution Facility | Bloomfield, CT
- 300 Church Street | Underground Gas Line Easement | Wallingford, CT
- Yellow Freight Facility | Trucking Terminal | Springfield, MA
- Friendly's Ice Cream | Freezer Warehouse | Chicopee, MA
- 50 East Industrial Road | Research Laboratory | Branford, CT
- Borrelli Road Quarry | Quarry Impact Study | East Haven, CT
- Canton IGA | Grocery Store | Canton, CT
- The Learning Experience | Daycare | Cromwell, CT
- Robertson Airport | Municipal Airport | Plainville, CT
- MacDougall-Walker Facility | Correctional Facility | Suffield, CT
- 21 Griffin Road North | Multi-Tenant Office | Bloomfield, CT