Tim is a subject matter expert in hospitality real estate with deep experience in the areas of asset management, valuation, and general hospitality advisory services (market analysis, operational audits, strategic consulting). He is responsible for leading the Southeast Division Hotels Advisory team as well as our Hospitality Asset Management & Investment Services team while being stationed in our Atlanta Office.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Dick was a Senior Vice President with HotelAVE and was responsible for assets in New York City, NY, Cartagena, Colombia and Buenos Aires, Argentina. These urban and resort properties were uniquely challenging as they were both branded and non-branded hotels in international markets and gateway cities. Mr. Dick was also Principal and Managing Member of Rockcastle Real Estate Advisors, LLC, an independent third party advisory and consulting firm specializing in hotels. Mr. Dick was responsible for operational reviews, asset management, underwriting and acquisition for hospitality investments. The portfolio included three non-branded full-service hotel assets and four branded assets with a market valuation of $400mm. Prior to forming Rockcastle, Mr. Dick served as Head of the Hotel Asset Management Team at TriMont Real Estate Advisors, LLC, where he was responsible for providing strategic asset services to major financial institutions and oversaw a portfolio totaling 170 hotels.
Career Experience Highlights:
- Managed hotel portfolios which range from 12 to 170 properties in size with market valuations ranging from of $200MM to $3.5B respectively.
- Worked on hospitality engagements throughout the U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Europe.
- Brand experience includes Marriott, Hilton, Ritz Carlton, Le Meridien, Capella, Carlson, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Hard Rock, and recognized independent/boutique properties.
Education & Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Mr. Dick holds a PhD in Hospitality Management from Iowa State University and a Master of Professional Studies in Hotel Administration from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
Immediate Past President of the Hotel Asset Managements Association (HAMA)
Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
Member of the Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
Member of the the International Society of Hospitality Consultants
- Serves in the Cornell University Council (Administrative Board)
- Serves in the Atlanta Hospitality Alliance (Board Member)
- BRE Hotels and Resorts
- The Carlyle Group
- Colony Capital
- Colorado PERS
- FelCor Lodging Trust
- Lehman Brothers
- New York Life
- Ohio STRS
- Starwood Hotels
- Summit Hotel Properties
- Thayer Lodging
- Wells Fargo