Thor Wiles is Vice President of Brokerage Services providing a full service approach to owner/occupiers and investors in acquiring and disposing of office, industrial and retail properties. For over a decade, he has developed market knowledge in Santa Clara, Alameda, Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties. He also capitalizes on his multiple market expertise for clients who are expanding and investing in the Greater Bay Area, throughout California and in the Western United States.
Mr. Wiles provides his clients with the following:
- Conducts needs assessment for an occupier and/or investor.
- Prepares financial and property analysis for purchase, sale or lease.
- Derive client’s top choices by synthesizing information from needs assessment and property analysis.
- Maximizes the best possible transaction available under current market conditions.
- Manages the transition of the property to the new investor/occupier.
History and Experience
Mr. Wiles joined CBRE in June of 1998, bringing over 15 years as a top ranking professional in high-tech sales, construction and corporate liquidation. His initial years with CBRE in corporate services and tenant representation allow his clients to benefit from his analytical perspective in the purchase and sale of leased investments. Mr. Wiles’ direct knowledge of tenant needs and requirements affords investors an important advantage in negotiating an optimal solution for both tenant and Investor. Mr. Wiles offers investors support in all phases of real estate transactions:
- Saving investors direct acquisition costs equal to 3%-10% of the purchase price. This is accomplished by researching all aspects of the subject property including use limitations, tenant stability and upside, actual expenses vs. presented expenses, and identifying poor building conditions/deferred maintenance within the property.
- Increasing the value of an investment property by re-evaluating the marketability and tenant-based attraction to a property. By repositioning the building’s aesthetics, functional layout, and tenant mix, investors generate increased rental revenue and, in turn, attract higher paying buyers.
- Providing his clients the necessary information to make informed marketing decisions regarding the type of tenants that best fit the property, the market process to attract those tenants and, ultimately, providing access to qualified buyers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Member, Association of Silicon Valley Brokers
- Member, CBRE Industrial Specialty Group
- President, Sons of the American Revolution
Hegenberger Office Buildings, Leased Investment, CA
Mission Gorge Retail Center, Leased Investment, CA
Monterey Meadows, Commercial Condos, CA
5th St. Industrial Building, Acquisition, CA
MountainView-Alviso Rd., Leased Investment, CA
Oakland CBD Land Parcel, Leased Investment, CA
Caputo Dr. Industrial Building, Acquisition, CA
- Aptus Endosystems
- AtRoad, Inc.
- Barry Swenson Builders
- DiNapoli Capital Partners
- Facilities Logistics
- Florida Tile
- GE Capital Corporation
- Industrial West
- Kennedy Wilson
- Kliman Sales, Inc.
- Kroll Associates
- Lightspan, Inc.
- R.B. High Tech
- TFT, Inc.
- Transparent Networks
- Trans Century Properties
- Veritas Global Software Corporation