Steve Smith is Managing Director of South Carolina, where he has executive oversight over all operations in the Charleston, Columbia and Greenville-Spartanburg offices including the Advisory and Transaction Services and Capital Markets teams. With more than 30 years of experience in commercial real estate, he has a passion for connecting the right people and the right skills on every opportunity.
Steve focuses on integrating CBRE's diverse service lines, including property leasing, management, project management and investment sales to provide comprehensive and creative solutions to clients across the state.
As a South Carolina native and College of Charleston graduate, Steve takes pride in the advantages his team builds for the state through our group of talented people and perspectives. His first nine years were spent in Charleston, where he specialized in commercial sales and leasing. In 1993, he moved to Greenville and joined The Furman Co. In 1997, he was named Vice President of the Office Group. In December 2000, he became a principal in the firm and was named Vice President of The Furman Co., and in 2008 he became Executive Vice President and Managing Principal.
- SIOR Designation
- Greater Greenville Association of Realtors Member – Commercial Realtor of the Year − 1999
- Serves on the Board of Governors for the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Serves on the March of Dimes Real Estate Committee
- Past President Carolina’s Chapter of SIOR
- Received the award for the largest office transaction in the Carolinas Chapter of SIOR in 2000, 2004, and 2010
- Past Regional Director and Board of Directors member for SIOR
- Member of the Greenville YMCA Board of Directors