Spencer is an accomplished data center leader with over 25 years of industry experience. His expertise is predominantly in IT and Facility Management leadership. As a Business Unit Director within CBRE’s Data Center Solutions division, Spencer is responsible for a portfolio of data center clients in the Americas regions.
In his previous role, Spencer was responsible for transforming the global service delivery platform at a Multinational Media Company.
Spencer has an extensive background developing data center strategy, colocation site selection, service delivery, and data center migrations.
Business Unit Director, CBRE Data Center Solutions (DCS)
- Leads a business unit consisting of hyperscale, colocation, and enterprise client accounts
- Champions CBRE’s Converged Data Center service offering; this concept considers the data center facility and IT payload as a single system from an operational and financial perspective
- Develops meaningful and creative solutions to deliver valuable client outcomes
Director, ServiceNow Platform, Thomson Reuters
- ServiceNow Platform owner
- Managed the core ServiceNow platform team during the transition of CMDB, ITSM, service request, and knowledgebase functions from legacy systems to ServiceNow
- Developed and implemented a matrixed platform configuration and support model with several internal and partner teams
Director, Data Center Strategy, Thomson Reuters
Accountable for the transformation of the data center strategy which included optimizing the estate among various owned and leased sites. Negotiated leases for data center colocation capacity. Developed and managed a capacity forecasting and tracking methodology to deliver the desired portfolio optimization outcomes.
- Bachelor of Arts, Concordia University, St. Paul MN
- Master of Arts, Augsburg College, Minneapolis MN
- Data Center Operations
- Technology Transformation
- Service Delivery
- Portfolio Optimization
- ITIL, DCIM, Project Management
- Data Center Migration