As Senior Managing Director, Shannon Meyers serves as a Divisional Director for CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) team in the
Americas’ Central Division. GWS is responsible for providing integrated real estate and facilities solutions across a global client portfolio that
encompasses nearly 5 billion square feet of assets. Ms. Meyers’ role includes oversight and support of key outsourcing partnerships with long- term clients. Her general management responsibilities include recruitment, talent development, best practice dissemination and resource management. She leads a skilled team that leverages organizations’ workplaces as competitive advantages for business success and employee satisfaction.
From 2016 to 2018, Ms. Meyers served as Alliance Director for SCL Health, responsible for the oversight of 4.5 million square feet of acute care space and 2 million square feet of owned and leased medical office buildings including the set-up, implementation and maintenance of a tailored Lease Administration process and a comprehensive compliance program. She developed consistent system practices among all system entities, developed a portfolio-wide energy and sustainability strategy and maintained the interface with SCL Health ensuring total contract compliance with all criteria and reaching all performance specifications, including quantitative cost savings and qualitative client service specifications.
Additionally, she coordinated quarterly performance reviews between SCL and CBRE, and developed and implemented an Annual Account Plan.
From 2014 to 2016, Ms. Meyers served as Alliance Director for Tenet Healthcare, one of the nation’s top five health care systems. Responsible for the oversight of leasing and property management, growing account from 2.2 million square feet to 5.3 million square feet of medical office buildings in nine states, she managed the administration of over 1,300 leases in Tenet’s real estate portfolio.
From 2006 through 2013, Ms. Meyers served as the Vice President of Transaction Management for CBRE’s strategic real estate partnership with Baylor Health Care System, one of the nation’s leading, not-for-profit healthcare systems. She was responsible for the delivery of best in class Transactions Management and Portfolio Lease Administration, with a team dedicated to providing a real estate infrastructure to support Baylor’s vision of being “the best place to give and receive safe, quality, compassionate healthcare”. Ms. Meyers joined the Baylor account in 2003 and was promoted to VP of Transactions in 2006. Her scope of work included A/R and A/P leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, ground lease documentation and lease administration for Baylor’s portfolio of nearly 9 million square feet and 640 leases.
- Performed due diligence and documentation supporting Baylor’s 1.4 million-square-foot, $130 million monetization of medical office buildings in 2004 where CBRE (then TCC) played an advisory role.
- Led eight acquisitions of strategic properties valued at $9 million.
- Conducted multiple surplus property dispositions, generating cash for Baylor in the amount of $3.7 million.
- Managed 25 third-party leases of 690,000 square feet.
- Coordinated ground lease, space lease and related documentation supporting the development of five major Baylor building developments totaling over 1 million square feet including The Heart Hospital-Baylor Plano, Baylor Medical Pavilion, Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center, McKinney Medical Pavilion and 4005 Crutcher Street.
- Key member of the Account Team that successfully won a six-year contract renewal and extension with Baylor in 2007 subject to a competitive RFP.
- Performed critical due diligence in Baylor’s acquisition and integration of All Saints Episcopal Hospital in Ft. Worth, Trinity Medical Center in Carrollton and Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Joint Venture.
- Founded and chaired the Healthcare Medical Office Building group, conducting monthly calls to exchange ideas and share best practices.