Rex Maingot serves as First Vice President in the El Paso/Juarez office of CBRE. Rex has extensive experience in Mexico's real estate and maquila industry, as well as throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. He was the Director for Latin America for Binswanger. Having lived in Mexico for over 35 years, Rex has been an independent consultant and maquila plant manager with General Electric and held marketing director positions both with a major industrial developer in Cd. Juarez and a shelter/subcontracting operation with American Industries in Chihuahua City. Prior to that, he held manufacturing, engineering, and senior management positions with American Motors/Jeep and Dana Corporation in Mexico City.
Rex's resume of deals encompasses over 8 million square feet in Mexico and Latin America. In 2010 alone, he completed more than 600,000 square feet of industrial sales in Cd. Juarez, including more than 300,000 square feet for Philips Consumer Electronics. These projects were completed during one of the most difficult real estate markets in Mexico's history, demonstrating his experience and ability to close complex transactions for his clients. Other notable transactions include the 850,000 SF sale lease back of Kimball International in Juarez in 2004 and representing Eaton Corporation relative to their acquisition of the 273,000 SF former Leviton facility in El Paso in 2018.
Rex joined CBRE in 2010 as part of a transition wherein members of his previous team, TeamNAFTA (a former CBRE affiliate office), became part of the CBRE brand.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- New Mexico Qualifying Broker Real Estate License
- Texas Real Estate Salesperson License
- Pan American Institute for Management, Mexico City, Automotive Engineering*
*Majored in automotive engineering in the U.K. Graduate of the D-1Advanced Management Program of the IPADE (Pan American Institute for Management in Mexico City), which is the Mexican equivalent of Harvard University's Advanced Management Program.
- Kimball International - 850,000 SF Sale/Leaseback
- Kimball International - 300,000 SF Industrial Lease
- Kimball International - 26 AC Land Sale
- Packard Electric - 250,000 SF Build-to-Suit
- Kodak (Trophy Property) - 150,000 SF Disposition (Venezuela)
- Yazaki - 115,000 SF Disposition
- Covidien - 80,000 SF Disposition
- Avery Dennison - 80,000 SF Disposition
- AVX - 70,000 SF Build-to-Suit
- BP/Amoco - 70,000 SF Build-to-Suit (Bolivia)
- Avery Dennison
- Asarco International
- BP / Amoco
- Eagle Ottawa
- GE (Battery Division)
- General Dynamics
- Hallmark Cards
- Robert Bosch
- Siemens VDO Automotive