Paul Tingley is a Senior Vice President in the Advisory and Transaction Services division for CBRE’s Columbus office. Firmly believing that avoiding conflicts of interest is paramount to best representing his clients’ interests, Paul has exclusively focused on the tenant / occupier side of commercial real estate for the past 28 years. He is an acknowledged leader in the Columbus market having represented clients in multiple business lines on complex, geographically diverse and brand-defining requirements. Real estate decisions drive culture, visibility, employee attraction and retention, and ultimately, a firm’s profitability and success. Paul helps his clients focus on these elements and partners with them to create and implement a real estate selection process that uncovers all options that can best achieve each client’s goals and objectives while always driving transaction economics to the lowest cost, client-favorable solution.
Throughout his career, Paul and his teammates have delivered outstanding results to their clients navigating them through almost 20,000,000 square feet, and over $1.6 billion worth, of decisions, one successful client at a time.
A native of Columbus, Paul started his business career with Chemical Bank in NYC where he specialized in real estate finance and evaluating developers’ financial capacity and the risk exposure of individual developments to guide the bank’s lending decisions. His clients included office, retail and hotel developers. Paul’s team managed the bank’s relationship and lending exposure to these clients with over $1 billion in outstanding debt. Following graduate school at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, Paul started in tenant representation in 1992 at The Staubach Company in Houston, TX where he co-led two of the company’s largest portfolio relationships with ExxonMobil and Shell Oil. Paul returned home to Columbus in 2002 and opened Staubach’s Columbus office, which was acquired by JLL in 2008. Paul and his wife raised their three children in Columbus and are extremely proud of them and their college decisions: SMU, Northwestern and Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Northwestern University – Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- University of Michigan – Master of Business Administration, Real Estate and Finance
Significant Tenant Representation Transactions
- Chipotle Mexican Grill | The Arena District, Columbus, OH | 100,000 SF
- Frost Brown Todd | 400 W. Market St., Louisville, KY | 104,000 SF
- Candid Co. | 34 S. Third St., Columbus, OH | 30,000 SF
- Battelle | 505 King Ave., Columbus, OH | 22 acre land sale
- M/I Homes | 4131 Worth Avenue, Columbus, OH | 65,000 SF
- Columbus Bar Association | 175 S. Third St., Columbus, OH | 20,000 SF
- Confidential Client, Greenspoint Plaza, Houston, TX, 1,000,000 SF
- Confidential Client, New Orleans, LA, 626,000 SF
- Nexeo, Dublin, OH, 132,000 SF
- Turner Construction, Columbus, OH 15,000 SF
- McDonald Hopkins, Columbus, OH 10,000 SF
- Bob Evans Restaurants, New Albany, OH 175,000 SF headquarters campus sale
- Beam Dental
- Candid Co.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Civitas Marketing
- Columbus Bar Association
- Columbus Bankers Assoc.
- Columbus Ophthalmology
- Frost Brown Todd
- Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
- Manley Deas Kochalski
- M/I Homes
- McDonalds Hopkins
- Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation
- Onda LaBuhn Rankin & Boggs
- Resource / Ammirati
- Steptoe & Johnson
- Turner Construction