With an unparalleled work ethic and desire to exceed client’s expectations, Niel’s ability to deliver solutions to complex real estate transactions is unmatched in Suburban Maryland. As a Senior Vice President in CBRE's Suburban Maryland office and lead of the MD Agency Leasing Team, he specializes in landlord and tenant representation. Niel is considered one of the most diversified leasing experts in Suburban Maryland. With an array of experience in commercial leasing, sales, asset management, and property management, Niel brings an extensive list of accomplishments, and over 20 years’ expertise to his clients. He delivers know-how to his Landlord clients and provides cutting edge advice to better understand tenant decision-drivers, market analytics, effective amenity/base building renovation projects, local broker trends and how to implement a best in class, process-driven, forward looking approach to securing and retaining office tenants.
He assists his many tenant clients with efficient, creative, costs saving real estate and portfolio strategies by way of prime lease negotiations, lease restructurings, early renewals, and sale/leaseback transactions. In addition to providing these strategic transaction services, Niel and his team deploy effective, specialty services; including labor analytics, commuter analytics, workplace strategies, project design & management, jurisdictional economic incentive package negotiations, and lease administration for their clients.
Over the past three years, Niel and his team have successfully concluded 127 commercial lease transactions, involving 2.2 million square feet, with a combined value of nearly $200 million dollars. Additionally, during his career, Mr. Beggy has completed 23 sales transactions totaling more than 3 million square feet, with a combined value in excess of $325 million dollars.
Niel is an avid snow skier, barefoot water skier, and has completed 6, full distance, IRONMAN® Triathlons, including the World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.
Significant Tenant Transactions
- University of Maryland | College Park, MD | 325,000 SF
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc. | Hagerstown, MD | 150,000 SF
- FedEx (Ground Package System, Inc.) | Halethorpe, MD | 126,000 SF
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center | Greenbelt, MD | 120,000 SF
- American Capital | Bethesda, MD | 111,000 SF
- Montgomery County - Health and Human Services | Rockville, MD | 101,000 SF
- Confidential Tech Client | Bethesda, MD | 56,000 SF
- Ashton Development | Damascus, MD | 55,000 SF
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) | College Park, MD | 46,000 SF
- Thomson Reuters Financial | Rockville, MD | 42,000 SF
- Whole Foods Market Group, Inc. | Rockville, MD | 34,000 SF
- Recorded Books, Inc. | Landover, MD | 14,000 SF
- DiamondRock Hospitality Company | Bethesda, MD | 13,000 SF
- Licensed real estate salesperson in Maryland, Virginia and D.C.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) - Institute of Real Estate Management.
- GWCAR's 2013 Suburban MD Broker of the Year
- Nominated to GWCAR's "Multi-Million Dollar Leasing Club" 1997-2019; Nominated to GWCAR's "Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club" 1998, 2002 & 2003, 2010 & 2012; and has been rated in GWCAR's top 10 for Leasing in Maryland, six (6) of the past ten (10) years.
- Graduated from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. - Economics and Financial Management.
- Significant commitments to numerous philanthropic and non-profit endeavors.
- Brandywine Realty Trust
- Brookfield Property
- Chevy Chase Land Co.
- Mack-Cali Realty
- MRP | REALTY
- Polinger Development
- PS Business Parks
- RMR Group
- Rubenstein Partners
- SunCap Property Group
- WILLCO Companies
- Midland Life Insurance
- American Real Estate Partners
- ELION PARTNERS
- Monument Realty
- Artemis Real Estate
- AXA Real Estate Investment Managers
- Buchanan Partners