Nick Barwig, a Vice President in CBRE Atlanta’s Valuation and Advisory Services Group, has appraised in excess of $15 billion of commercial real estate over his career. Nick leads a team of appraisers that provides valuation and advisory services involving retail, office, industrial, and mixed-use properties. Nick’s team has appraised high-profile properties including Bank of America Plaza, Campanile, 8West, Salesforce Tower, Live Oak Square, Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta, Southern Dairies, Ansley Mall, Ponce City Market, Buckhead Atlanta, and Krog Street Market, among others. His expertise incorporates all types of valuation services including appraisals, real estate portfolios, financial reporting, estate planning, litigation support, and sale-leasebacks.
Prior to joining CBRE, Nick gained a broad range of commercial real estate experience in valuation/consulting, acquisitions, asset management, leasing and ground-up development at firms including Ernst & Young (EY), Majestic Realty Company and Colliers International. During his time at EY, Nick was involved in the $7.6 billion acquisition of Nokia’s smartphone business by Microsoft. During his role as Director of Development at Majestic Realty, Nick was involved in the development of over $400 million of modern bulk industrial space throughout the Southeast. While serving as a Director at Colliers International, Nick built one of the top-producing valuation teams in the region and helped grow the Atlanta office into a leading appraisal firm, behind only CBRE.
Nick graduated #1 in his business school class with a BBA in Real Estate from The University of Georgia. Prior to transferring to The University of Georgia, Nick was a Quarterback on the Georgia Tech football team.
- MAI, Designated Member of Appraisal Institute
- Chairman, Candidate Guidance Committee, Appraisal Institute Atlanta Chapter, 2020
- Alternate Regional Representative, Appraisal Institute Atlanta Chapter, 2021
- ASA, Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers
- NAIOP, Member and 2016 Future Leader
- ICSC, International Council of Shopping Centers
- CBRE Asia Pacific Network
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- The University of Georgia, BBA in Real Estate, Summa Cum Lauda
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Management Major, ACC Athletic Academic Honor Roll