Nancy Pacher, Vice Chairman of CBRE, joined the firm following its acquisition of U.S. Equities Realty in 2014. A former Principal of U.S. Equities Realty, Nancy was the firm’s President and Chief Operating Officer, beginning in 1993, and Director of the Real Estate Consulting and Brokerage Services Group since joining the firm in 1984. An attorney, Nancy has gained national recognition for her representation of major office space users.
Nancy has acted as chief negotiator in major lease and lease/equity transactions totaling tens of millions of square feet for office space users throughout the United States. Included as major clients are: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago; The Boston Consulting Group; Erikson Institute; Hinshaw & Culbertson; IBM Corporation; Illinois Housing Development Authority; Marsh & McLennan Companies; Polk Bros. Foundation; The PrivateBank; Taft LLP; Ventas; Winston & Strawn; and The YMCA of the USA.
She has twice received the coveted “Broker of the Year” award presented by Crain’s Chicago Business and has been a finalist four other times. Additional professional accomplishments include: Commercial Property News “Top Brokers,” Crain’s “100 Most Influential Women in Chicago,” Crain’s Chicago Business “Who’s Who in Chicago Business” since 2005, Today’s Chicago Woman 20th Anniversary Hall of Fame, and Midwest Real Estate News magazine’s Real Estate Hall of Fame.
Before joining U.S. Equities, Nancy served for four years as a Senior Vice President and Principal of Howard Ecker & Co., a commercial real estate company. She began her real estate career in 1975 as the first woman attorney at the Chicago law firm of Katten, Muchin, Gitles, Zavis, Pearl & Galler (now Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP).
Nancy graduated cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Georgetown University and received her Juris Doctor degree from Northwestern University.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago - Board Member (2009 – present)
- Northwestern University School of Law – Board (2009 – 2019)
- Illinois Real Estate Journal - Editorial Advisory Board (2000 – present)
- Communities in Schools Chicago - Board Member (2009 – 2010)
- Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago - Board of Directors (2003 – 2004), Building Project Committee (2004)
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Auxiliary Board (2002 – 2003)
- Leadership Greater Chicago - Board of Directors (1996 – 2001), Selection Committee, Co-Chair (2001)
- Francis W. Parker School - Board of Directors (1991 – 1997)
- City of Chicago Plan Commission – Commissioner (1994 – 2012)
- The Chicago Network - Member (since 1994), Board of Directors (2003 – 2009), Chair (2005 – 2006), Vice Chair/Chair Elect (2004 – 2005), Membership Committee Chair (2003 – 2004), Membership Committee Member (2000 – present), Professional Services Subcommittee Chair (2001 – 2003)
- American Bar Association - Member (since 1975)
- Chicago Bar Association - Member (since 1975)
- The Chicago Club – Member (since 2000)
- The Economics Club of Chicago - Member (1981 - 2017)
- Northwestern University, Juris Doctor
- Georgetown University, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa