Mitchell W. Kiffe joined CBRE Capital Markets in May 2010 and is currently Co-Head of National Production for the Debt & Structured Finance Group within CBRE Capital Markets. He is responsible for business development, origination results and assists in the management of a 30-office production network. Given his extensive experience in multifamily finance, he is responsible for multifamily mortgage originations nationwide. This includes Agencies (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA), as well as Life Insurance Companies, Conduits, Banks and other capital providers. He has significant relationship management responsibilities with respect to the Agencies and other Lenders, in addition to his relationship management activity with major national and regional clients. He also is a member of the CBRE Fannie Mae DUS Loan Committee.
Mr. Kiffe spent over 17 years with Freddie Mac between 1992 and 2010 in various leadership, production and credit roles. During his tenure as head of production, loan purchase volume increased from $1.7 billion in 1997 to $19.0 billion in 2008. He also led Freddie Mac’s expansion into: Senior Housing, Student Housing, Tax-Exempt Bond Credit Enhancements, Structured Transactions, and Credit Facilities.
Before joining Freddie Mac, Mr. Kiffe spent approximately ten years at GMAC Mortgage Corporation and Norwest Mortgage, Inc. in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Prior to Norwest, Mr. Kiffe also worked in Minneapolis as an attorney specializing in commercial real estate for the law firm of Moss & Barnett, P.A. and the general contracting and engineering firm of Ibberson, Inc.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- American Seniors Housing Association – Executive Committee
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (“CREFC”)
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing and Care Industry (“NIC”) – Former member of the Board of Directors
- National Multifamily Housing Council – Executive Committee and Board Member
- Urban Land Institute
- J.D. degree from the University of Minnesota
- B.A. degree from Gustavus Adolphus College
- AEW Capital Management
- Avalon Bay
- Bell Partners
- Belmont Village Senior Living
- Berkshire Property Advisors
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Carmel Partners
- DRA Advisors
- Equity Residential
- Fairfield Residential
- Greystar RE Partners
- Holland Partners Group
- Irvine Apartment Communities
- JP Morgan
- Pantzer Properties
- The Prime Group
- Trammell Crow Residential
- UBS Realty Investors
- Waterton Associates