Michael R. Rowland, MAI, FRICS, CCIM, is the Head of Strategic Client and Business Services for the Valuation and Advisory Services in the Americas. Mr. Rowland is the leader of CBRE’s Strategic Portfolio Solutions Valuations initiatives and services some of the industry’s largest non-traded REITs, Funds and Property Owners. Additionally, Mr. Rowland is responsible for Strategic Client Partnerships and Merger & Acquisition executions and integrations. Mr. Rowland co-authors the CBRE Cap Rate Survey (formerly the CBRE National Investor Survey) which provides cap rates and trends for stabilized and value add Class A, B and C office, multi-housing, retail, industrial and hotel properties in the top 40 markets in the United States.
Mr. Rowland has over 25 years of appraisal and consulting experience involving a wide variety of property types. Mr. Rowland has served in various roles for CBRE. These roles include appraiser in Arizona, regional leader for Inter-Mountain valuation practice, leader of the Central Division with over 250 employees and most recently as the Chief Operating Officer of VAS Americas.
Mr. Rowland has served as an expert witness in real estate matters in both state and federal courts.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Appraisal Institute—Designated Member (MAI)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Fellow (FRICS)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- State of Arizona, No. 30880
- California State University, Northridge, California, Bachelor of Science Degree; Real Estate and Finance