As Senior Director and Practice Lead of CBRE Engineering, Michael is responsible for management of all engineering disciplines within CBRE, including Structural, Mechanical, Energy, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection. He is tasked with establishing design concepts, maintaining technical design quality, and ensuring accurate production of design documents. He has served as Design Project Manager, Engineering Project Manager, and Structural Project Engineer on many of the firm’s major projects. Michael’s experience encompasses a wide range of facility types, including high-rise buildings, parking decks, sports facilities and arenas, health care facilities with bed towers, and a variety of industrial facilities, such as high-bay warehouses.
Beginning as a staff Structural Engineer, Michael’s focus on business development efforts in the Southeast, mentoring of fellow staff members, and excellence in engineering design gave Michael his start as Practice Lead in 2016. With over 20 years of experience with CBRE Engineering, Michael has been responsible for immensely challenging structural engineering scope, as well as maintaining client relationships through in-depth project management. Performing all facets of engineering, Michael performs facility condition assessments, design reviews, and engineering design from project inception to completion.
Credentials & Education
- Professional Engineer: AL, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
- Master of Architectural Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- Delta Air Lines
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
- Turner Properties
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Georgia World Congress Center
- Georgia State University
- Georgia Institute of Technology