Michael Griffiths is a Senior Vice President within the Advisory & Transaction Services Occupier practice in the CBRE San Francisco office. He exclusively represents high-growth technology companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and advises his clients on real estate strategy, planning, financial analysis, transaction structuring and execution. In his tenure at CBRE, he has executed leasing transactions totaling more than 3 million square feet in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Griffiths was a broker with Cushman & Wakefield where he represented commercial office tenants and oversaw global transaction service delivery and managed accounts for companies headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Before his tenure at Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Griffiths spent six years working for Visa Inc. as Director, Global Portfolio Management and Director, Global Corporate Real Estate Strategy, where he oversaw the strategy, planning and portfolio management for Visa’s 2.5 million sq. ft. global real estate portfolio of owned and leased assets. He also spent seven years as a management consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc., Kaiser Associates, Inc. and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) in both Washington, D.C. and San Francisco.
Mr. Griffiths lives in San Francisco with his wife Julia, son Hall and daughter Rowe and enjoys traveling, food & wine, cooking, skiing, cycling, running and yoga.
- CBRE Top 10% Producer, 2018
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deal of the Year – Salesforce Tower Atlanta
- 2018 Chicago Real Estate Awards, Office Lease of the Year – Salesforce Tower Chicago
- 2014 San Francisco Business Times, Office Deal of the Year, Salesforce Tower San Francisco
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed California Real Estate Salesperson
- CoreNet Global
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- University of California, Berkeley – Cal Alumni Association
- University of California, Berkeley – Haas Leadership Society
- Penn State Alumni Association, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- Penn State President’s Club
- M.B.A., Real Estate and Finance, University of California, Berkeley – Haas School of Business
- B.S., Business Logistics, The Pennsylvania State University
- CoreNet Global, Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR)