Melissa Perttunen is a Senior Furniture Analyst with CBRE Furniture Advisory Services, a line of business within the Space Enablement Group. Melissa collects, manages and analyzes the discounting data from RFP responses to monitor patterns and trends, and to deliver value and cost savings to clients. The data collected serves as the baseline for all contract negotiations which, to date, has achieved and demonstrated cost reductions ranging from 5%-28%.
Melissa works within the RFP process to level all bid responses and create comprehensive pricing summaries. She works with dealers and manufacturers to validate discounting accuracy and ensures that discounts are maintained through invoicing.
Additionally, Melissa performs audits on clients’ previous furniture purchases to assess buying patterns, evaluate contract compliance and identify opportunities for improved processes and discounting.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2016, Melissa worked for 10 years as a designer/specifier at Chicago-area furniture dealers.
- Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science degree in Design, Housing + Merchandising with Emphasis in Facilities Management + Interior Design
- Cargill, Wichita, KS | $31.77 to $1.00 | 174,960 SF
- CBRE, Austin, TX | $20.00 to $1.00 | 21,688 SF
- CBRE, Oak Brook, IL | $27.70 to $1.00 | 42,000 SF
- CBRE, Phoenix, AZ | $11.69 to $1.00 | 73,055 SF
- Chemours, Wilmington, DE | $6.67 to $1.00 | 256,000 SF
- Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL | $63.44 to $1.00 | 282,000 SF
- MarketAxess, New York, NY | $4.55 to $1.00 | 88,000 SF
- McKesson Corporation, Dallas, TX | $102.67 to $1.00 | 1.1M SF
- The Warranty Group, Chicago, IL | $2.78 to $1.00 | 67,687 SF
- Ziegler, Chicago, IL | $20.00 to $1.00 | 32,445 SF
- Baker Tilly
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Charles River Associates
- CBRE Global
- Chemours Global HQ
- Cook County Hospital
- Francisco Partners
- Home Chef
- Jump Trading
- Keurig Dr Pepper
- Marathon Oil
- rEvolution Marketing
- TD Bank
- The Warranty Group
- US Foods