Prior to joining CBRE, Ms. Preus was Vice President at The Howard Hughes Corporation, where she oversaw all aspects of leasing for the Ward Village, approximately 1 million square feet with retail, office and industrial spaces. She identified opportunities for creating value, income and increased performance for the company by working with major national tenants, such as Whole Foods and CVS, and ground-up retail developments, including the South Shore Market, Merriman's, Rinka and Straub.
Prior to The Howard Hughes Corporation, Ms. Preus worked as a Group Vice President of Business Development and Leasing Representative for General Growth Properties where she worked on their Hawaii assets, including Ala Moana Center, Ward Village, Whaler's Village and Prince Kuhio Plaza.
In addition to her over 20 years of commercial real estate experience, Ms. Preus has 7 years of retail management experience with various national retailers where she oversaw 10 departments and over 75 employees.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member and Hawaii ICSC Committee Member 2016-2019
- Certified Commercial Investment (CCIM) Institute, Designee Member and Hawaii Board Member in 2006, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of Hawaii
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- The Kamehameha Schools, Honolulu, Hawaii
Past Significant Assignments
- Ala Moana Center, Open-air Shopping Center, Honolulu, 2.4M SF
- Ward Village, Masterplanned Community, Honolulu, 1M SF
- Prince Kuhio Plaza, Regional Mall, Hilo, 504,443 SF
- Whalers Village, Specialty Center, Lahaina, 110,836 SF