In July 2019, CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBRE) acquired CBRE|MEGA, a long-standing joint affiliate and the leading full-service commercial real estate services operation in Omaha.
Matt Bogard is the Director of Property Management in the Omaha, Nebraska office of CBRE. Matt provides oversight for a team of real estate professionals that are responsible for the management of approximately 4.5 million square feet of multi-tenant office and retail properties within the Omaha metro area. Matt and his team interact with clients to develop and implement the business plan for each asset. These responsibilities include the execution of leasing strategies, daily property operations, tenant relations, budgeting, financial reporting, capital planning, construction, and contract administration. With over 30 years of commercial and multi-family real estate experience, Matt also has extensive experience with court-appointed receiverships and repositioning troubled assets from large institutional-grade investment assets to small neighborhood properties.
Matt was the Executive Vice President and Director of Property Management for CBRE|MEGA from 1999 through 2019 when CBRE acquired the long-time affiliate Omaha office. His responsibilities included the following lines of business: Property Management, Facility Management, Client Accounting, Technical Services and Project Management. He served as an officer, served on the Board of Directors and was a stakeholder for that twenty-year term.
Prior to joining CBRE|MEGA, Matt was the Asset Manager for a local investor and managed a five-state real estate portfolio of over 4,500 multi-family units in 21 properties. His responsibilities included retaining, overseeing, and coordinating the activities of eight different third-party management companies. He also performed financial analysis and due diligence for potential acquisitions.
In addition, Matt has held ownership interests in office, retail, and apartment properties in Omaha. Matt's experience as an owner of investment properties and real estate operating companies provides and expansive knowledge base with which to advise and service clients of CBRE.
- Board of Directors, CBRE|MEGA 1999-2019
- Shareholder and Officer, CBRE|MEGA 1999-2019
- Board of Directors, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) 2000-2003
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Member, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Executive CPM for CBRE|MEGA's Accredited Management Organization (AMO) designation with IREM (2014-2019)
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, Nebraska and Iowa
- Expert Witness, Commercial and Multi-Family Property Management
- Court Appointed Receiver
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration - University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Real Property Administrator (RPA), Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Facilites Management Administrator (FMA), Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM), Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- American National Bank
- Children's Physicians
- G&S, Inc.
- Capstone CIS I, LLC
- Mutual First Federal Credit Union
- R.F. Waite Co.
- Sterling Office & Industrial Properties, LLLP
- Children's Hospital & Medical Center
- Olymbec USA, LLC
- Dana Magid Development
- Mutual of Omaha Bank
- SilverStone Group
- NexCore Group, LLC
- C-III Asset Management
- TD Ameritrade
- BlackRock Realty
- Great Western Bank
- Omaha Plaza Investments