A 30-year veteran of retail real estate and San Francisco native, Matt Kircher leads CBRE’s retail leasing practice in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Northwest Mountain Region. As a player coach, he has exclusively managed several national retailer rollouts, which has contributed to his reputation and status as a leading retail broker in the greater Northern California area. Mr. Kircher has also overseen the leasing for 18 major shopping center projects, from pre-development to completion and currently overseas the repositioning of ±5 million square feet of shopping centers throughout Northern California.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Kircher served as Managing Principal at Cushman & Wakefield/Terranomics, where he led more than 30 retail professionals in six Northern California offices for 20 years. Mr. Kircher spent the first five years of his career in retail real estate as a professional in CBRE’s Bay Area offices. He also served as president and chairman of ChainLinks Retail Advisors, a national network of retail real estate professionals, from 2007 to 2013.
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Chain Store Age #5 Power Broker Nationally – 2014 (Inaugural Addition)
- Top-producing broker for Cushman & Wakefield/Terranomics in '96, '03, '05, '06, '07, '09, '12, ’13 and '14
- In 2000, Matt was presented by the executive board of BT Commercial with the “Howard Friedman Award” for excellence in management
- In 2012, Matt received the Cassidy Turley EDGE award and was the top retail agent in the nation
- San Francisco Business Times Retail Deal of the Year Finalist 2013
- San Francisco Business Times Retail Deal of the Year 2012
- East Bay Business Times Retail Deal of the Year Finalist 2012
- East Bay Business Times Retail Deal of the Year 2005
- San Jose State University; Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautics
Matt is the exclusive agent for Decathlon Sports from France and is managing the United States roll out as the master broker. Starting with the Bay Area and expanding throughout California.
Matt recently executed a deal to bring Eataly to Westfield Valley Faire Mall as their second California location, expected to open in 2021.
He has worked with ShowPlace ICON Theatres to bring two new locations to the Bay Area.
Matt was the exclusive agent for new Target store locations in NorthernCalifornia. He completed 51 transactions over 17 years ranging from 2-level stores, podium stores, grade level stores, 2 City Targets and 8 Target Flexible Format locations.
Seritage Northern California Portfolio ±2.5 Million SF Sears/K-Mart recapture opportunities throughout Northern California.
Bridgepointe Shopping Center, San Mateo ± 572,000 square foot open-air center.
McCarthy Ranch, Milpitas ± 266,116 square foot open-air center.
Callan Center, South San Francisco ± 200,000 SF – Safeway anchored redevelopment.
Pinole Square, Pinole 13-acre regional shopping center redevelopment. Proposed opening Fall 2018.
Alameda Landing, Alameda ±291,000 square foot power center anchoredby Target and Safeway. Opened in October 2013.
Hacienda Crossings, Dublin ±459,897 square foot open-air center.
The Streets of Brentwood ±358,615 square foot grocery and theater anchored lifestyle center with 11.75 acres of additional land with development upside.
- Fallon Gateway, Dublin ±379,053 square foot Target, Dicks and Lucky anchored shopping center built on 33.91 acres.
- The Block, Fremont ±120,000 square foot center anchored by Target and Century Theatres. The Block is the fifth phase of Pacific Commons anchored by Costco,Lowes, Kohls, and Nordstrom Rack. Developed by Catellus.
- East Washington Place, Petaluma +/- 380,000 square foot power center, anchored by Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods, and Sprouts Farmers Market. Center opened July 2013. Developed by Regency Centers
- Lathrop Marketplace, Lathrop +/-300,000 square foot Power Center. Phase I opened Fall 2008. Developed by Watt Enterprises.
- San Jose MarketCenter, San Jose ±360,000 square foot Cousins Development. Opened in 2005.
- Bayfair Mall, San Leandro ±850,000 square foot redevelopment of regional center in 2003. Developed by M&J Wilkow
- Ravenswood 101, East Palo Alto ±450,000 square feet shopping center developed by the City of East Palo Alto
- Crossroads Regional Center, Riverbank/Modesto ±630,000 SF center anchored by Target, Home Depot and Kohls by Browman Development. Opened October 2005.
- Oakland Power Center, Oakland ±259,000 square foot center anchored by Wal- Mart and developed by Simeon.
- Serramonte Plaza, Daly City ±220,000 square foot shopping center anchoredby Ross and SportsMart. Developed by SPI.
- Mercado Center, Santa Clara ±210,000 square feet anchored by TJ Maxx/HomeGoods and AMC Theaters.
- El Monte, Mountain View ±80,000 square feet anchored by CVS Pharmacy developed by Rhodes.
- Morgan Hill Power Center, Morgan Hill ±600,000 square foot Target anchored Center. Phase I opened March 2007. Developed by Browman Development.
TENANTS REPRESENTED LANDLORDS REPRESENTED
- Target - 51 locations
- ShowPlace ICON Theatres - 2 locations
- Wells Fargo Bank - 21 locations
- T-Mobile - 15 locations
- Smart & Final - 12 locations
- Trader Joe’s - 3 locations
- Walgreens - 3 locations
- Hollywood Video - 73 locations
- 24 Hour Fitness - 3 locations
- Eataly - 1 location
- Regency Centers
- PNC Realty Investors
- TH Real Estate
- Browman Development
- Hunter Storm
- Sand Hill Property Company
- Watt Cousins