Matt Goubeaux is an Associate in CBRE’s Downtown Washington, DC office and became a member of the Federal Lessor Advisory Group (FLAG) in 2021. Mr. Goubeaux is a detailed executor, specializing in federal lease transactions. His responsibilities include market research, financial analysis, proposal preparation, transaction execution, lease administration, negotiation support and tracking of public sector opportunities. His can-do attitude and willingness to attack the details of a deal contribute significantly to the success of the team.
Highlights of Federal Experience
- AR Global: Provides leasing support across a multi-million square foot national portfolio.
- Boston Properties: Conducts due diligence and lease transaction support for GSA requirements in Washington, DC.
- Vanderbilt Partners: Supports team pursuing a new lease for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Wexford Science & Technology: Supports team pursuing a direct lease with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD.
- Shelbourne Companies: Supports team restructuring and renewing the Veterans Affairs Administration in Cincinnati, OH.
- Glenstar: Supports team pursuing a 100,000 SF
Mr. Goubeaux began his commercial real estate career while still a student at the University of Georgia as an Intern at Cassidy Turley (now Cushman & Wakefield) in Washington, DC. He then continued his career at the Savills Washington, DC office with a focus on tenant representation. After a few years of working as a tenant representative he expanded into PropTech and its emergence as a CRE industry tool. He continued to represent office tenants while serving as the Regional Director of a local PropTech startup before joining the Federal Lessor Advisory Group with CBRE in June 2021, commencing his career in the federal real estate arena.
- University of Georgia, BBA, Real Estate