Mary brings more than +20 years of experience in the retail brokerage industry with expertise in leasing, redevelopment, strategic consulting and tenant representation. She is responsible for overall development and execution of leasing strategies to maximize each property’s and tenant’s full potential. Additionally, she partners with landlords and retailers to identify and secure optimal locations that reach customers and drive value for their organization.
Mary’s vast experience in agency leasing and tenant representation has enabled her to develop and maintain strong relationships with the brokerage community and national, regional and local retailers. Her on-the-ground knowledge of existing asset availabilities and familiarity with new developments and other trends in the market provide an added value to clients, ensuring no opportunity is overlooked.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Licensed Real Estate Professional in Illinois and Ohio
- Member of the Service Club of Chicago
Significant Assignments - Tenant
- CMX THEATERS - Worked with Mexico City based Theater group and introduced them into Chicago marketplace, where they were the chosen theater group for the new Wrigley Field development.
- Cuidado con el Perro - Mexico City based fast fashion retailer. Exclusively worked on the U.S. rollout. Opened four Texas locations at the end of 2019.
- Power Plate - Represented Power Plates in their first ever fitness concept.
- Outdoor Voices - Represent Outdoor Voices in the Columbus market.
- Garrett Popcorn - Working exclusively with Garrett Popcorn on relocation and new Chicagoland sites.
- Storming Crabs - Rollout of Tennessee based Cajun restaurant.
- Large Scale Entertainment User - Rolling out international entertainment user in the Midwest.
- DXL - Expansion of the new DXL prototype store within the Columbus, Ohio market.
- CABELA’S - Strategically located a site for this world class outdoor retailer on the I-71 corridor in the Columbus Ohio marketplace. This was the first Cabela’s in the State of Ohio.
- Warby Parker - Represented Warby Parker in their first retail store in the Columbus marketplace, located in the Short North.
- The Goddard School - Worked with Corporate and franchisee for new schools within markets.
- AVEDA INSTITUTE - Represented the AVEDA INSTITIUTE in the Columbus, Ohio market, opening their first University site in the Midwest at the Ohio State University.
- Matt the Miller Restaurant Group - Developed and implemented seven store Midwest expansion for MTM restaurant group.
- EMBREE GROUP - Worked with national developer, Embree Group, in locating and securing six sites for new Micro Hospital group coming into Midwest.
- MACY’S - Disposition of MACY’S Stores in Dublin, OH and Columbus, OH. Successfully sold both locations within 4 months of Listing.
- ANDERSON’S - Disposition of The Anderson’s Grocery stores in Ohio Market.
Significant Assignments - Agency
- The Orland Triangle - A one million square foot ground up lifestyle development in Orland Park IL. Delivery Fall of 2021.
- The Great Lakes Ship-Yard - New development at the Great Lakes Naval Base in North Chicago, IL. Delivery late Spring 2021.
- 111 W. Jackson - 10,000 SF of retail on first floor of class A office in the Loop.
- 1425 N. Milwaukee - 25,000 SF of retail in Wicker Park, Chicago IL.
- North Riverside Mall - +1,000,000 SF indoor mall located in North Riverside, IL. Worked with management in creating and backfilling several new small and large format tenant opportunities.
- Northgate Mall - +1,000,000 SF Mall in Cincinnati, OH. Worked on Significant redevelopment and created strategic leasing plan for mall that had been in foreclosure and was less than 40 percent occupied. Prospected and secured leases with tenants. XScape Theater, Burlington Coat Factory, Michaels, Marshalls, DXL, HH Gregg, Ashley Furniture, ULTA, Tuesday Morning, Long Horn Steakhouse, Cheddar’s, Huntington Bank and McDonald’s are a few of the tenants she brought to the center. Created six new outparcels for ownership.
- The Highlands – Ground-up development in Wheeling, WV. Partnered with the Ohio County Commissioners (Ohio County, WV) in creating and implemented leasing of over 1 million+ sf. of Power Center retail and entertainment tenants. Significant tenants included Cabela’s, Target, JC Penney, Kohl’s, Best Buy, Marquee Theater, Hilton Hotel, Michaels, TJ Maxx, Books A Million, Olive Garden, Panera.
- The Redevelopment of Tri-County Mall - +1,500,000 SF worked with architects to create a new streetscape fashion center, created a market package to attract new national fashion tenants, worked with existing anchors to secure long-term leases, procured two national anchors, and created and leased new outparcels for the ownership adding significant dollar value to the center.
- Shoppes At River Ridge - +100,000 SF lifestyle center in Dublin, OH a high-end suburb of Columbus, OH. Hired to fix center when new buyers bought out of foreclosure. Took center from 5% occupancy to 96% occupancy, with high credit retail, office and restaurant tenants.
- CMX Theaters
- Goddard Schools
- Fifth Third
- Warby Parker
- The Anderson’s
- The Lash Lounge
- Sweetwater’s Café
- Embree Group Hospitals
- Aveda Schools
- Nurtur Salon Group
- Hilton Hotel
- Marquee Theater Group
- X-scape Theater Group
- Salon Centric
- David’s Bridal
- Matt the Miller Restaurants
- Tim Horton’s Ohio expansion
- Pint Room