Mr. Russell focuses exclusively on selling land and redevelopment opportunities. Mr. Russell concentrates on selling land at its highest and best use by utilizing a pro-forma based approach in land evaluation. His extensive market knowledge and expertise in the development process allows him to achieve the best price and terms tailored to the specific needs of land owners.
Working closely with city staffs and property owners, Mr. Russell aggressively markets development opportunities to all development organizations active in Silicon Valley. Projects encompass industrial, residential, office and commercial developments.
Prior to entering real estate brokerage, Mr. Russell founded Gateway Information Group, Inc. The corporation provides computer network support and database management to firms such as Hewlett Packard, Silicon Graphics and National Semiconductor in Silicon Valley. He served as president of the firm for six years.
Professional Affiliations /Accreditations
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, CBRE Land Services Group
- 2011 Association of Silicon Valley Brokers Co-Land Broker of the Year (with Greg Poncetta)
- 2010 Association of Silicon Valley Brokers Sale Deal of the Year
- Nominated for 2005 Land Broker of the Year by Association of Silicon Valley Brokers
- Top 5 in company of competing firm in 2005
- Named CBRE Bay Area Region Rookie of the Year - 2000
- Recipient of the McAdam Cup in recognition of CBRE's top rookie nationwide - 2000
- Santa Clara University, Bachelor of Science; Marketing
- Sold for Waukesha Electric Systems 16 acres for $26.8 million.
- Sold Aetna Business Center 13.75 acres for $27 million.
- Sold for Modern Ice 9.6 acres for $18.4 million after sellers were unsuccessful with other brokers.
- Sold 1 acre to San Jose Redevelopment Agency for $5.5 million
- Sold for Yoneda family 5.12 acres for $11.3 million after successfully negotiating significant zoning issues with the city of San Jose.
- Sold 7 acres in Sunnyvale to Classic Communities for $17 million.
- Sold ten acres in San Jose's International Business Park for Ricoh USA Ltd. At sellers request, Mr. Russell arranged for the sale to close in less than 20 days and managed to do so without significant discount.
- Sold 4.7 acres for residential in Milpitas to Citation Homes for $8.25 million.
- Sold for Orchard Properties 88.5 acres for $57 million.
- Sold for Roche/Syntex U.S.A 120 acres in the Evergreen area of San Jose. Consideration was $25,000,000.
- Barry Swenson Builder
- CarrAmerica Realty Group
- Catholic Charities
- Classic Communities
- F.F. Realty / Fairfield
- Haury Properties
- The Martin Group
- Mission West Properties
- Mozart Development Company
- Orchard Properties
- Picerne Development Company
- Ponderosa Homes
- The R.E. Jacobs Group
- Ricoh Company, Ltd.
- Roche / Syntex U.S.A
- Pulte Homes
- Usonia Devco
- U. S. Foam
- KB Home
- Trammel Crow Residential
- Taylor Woodrow Homes
- Citation Homes