Lew Miller, Senior Vice President, is a member of CBRE Hotels.
His experience in the hotel industry includes development, project management, finance, loan sales and institutional portfolio management.
Prior to joining CBRE, Miller was practice leader for Insignia/ESG’s Hotel Partners. Previously, in 1996, Miller joined Jacoby Development, a private real estate development firm specializing in retail and environmental projects, as CFO. His responsibilities included financing, acquisition, contract negotiation and divestiture for all investments.
Miller was a Senior Vice President with the InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG), where he was responsible for the strategic management of the firm’s diverse real estate portfolio throughout the Americas. Before joining IHG, Miller spent 10 years with the Prudential Property Company as Vice President - Hotel Investments. He and his team were responsible for managing a $4 billion hotel equity portfolio and a $1 billion hotel mortgage portfolio. During his tenure, Miller was responsible for the development and redevelopment of 36 hotel properties; including, Capital Hilton Hotel, the San Francisco Hilton Hotel, Hilton Hawaiian Village, Chicago Hilton, Nikko Buckhead, and the Short Hills Hilton Hotel.
In 1979, Miller along with seven other prominent leaders in the conference center industry established the International Association of Conference Centers where he served as a member of the Board of Directors for three years.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Georgia
- Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration
- Cater USA
- Centerbridge Partners
- Cerberus Real Estate Capital
- Credit Suisse
- Cross Harbor Capital
- CW Capital
- Deven Group (Kajima)
- Driftwood Hotels
- Farallon Capital
- Garrison Investment Group
- GEM Realty Capital
- Magna Hospitality
- Norfolk Southern
- Regent Partners
- Simon Property Group
- Trammell Crow Company
- UBS Realty Investors
- Waramaug Hospitality
- WestLB AG
- Chatham Bars Hotel, Cape Cod, MA
- Ritz Carlton – Debt Sale, Grand Caymans
- Harbour Court Hotel, Baltimore, MD
- Se Hotel – 363 Bankruptcy Sale, San Diego, CA
- The Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX
- 1,500 room Three Hotel Portfolio Sale, Cancun & Playa del Carmen, MX
- Carnegie Courtyard Adaptive Reuse, Atlanta, GA
- The Banks Aloft Development, Cincinnati, OH
- Halcyon Embassy Suites Development, Forsyth, GA
- 85 Walton Street Home2 Adaptive Reuse, Atlanta, GA
- Marriott Union Station Sale, St. Louis, MO
- Watergate Hotel, Washington D.C.