Leah FitzGerald is the Managing Director and Market Leader in CBRE’s Kansas City office. Ms. FitzGerald oversees the operations of the company’s Kansas City office and drives its growth strategy for all Advisory Services lines of business, including Advisory & Transaction Services, Investment Sales, Debt and Structured Finance, Property Management, Valuation, and Advisory Services. Her broad base of industry experience combined with her forward-thinking delivers exceptional client outcomes.
Ms. FitzGerald joined CBRE with more than 25 years of commercial real estate experience most recently serving as Director of Development Services at VanTrust Real Estate, managing projects throughout the country. She is a licensed General Contractor with over 10 years of experience in estimating and project management. Prior, her work with Disney Imagineering as a Project Development Manager instilled in her the importance of “story-telling through design and architecture” while navigating high-stakes projects in Venice, Italy. Her background in corporate real estate, development, architecture, and construction gives her a holistic and varied perspective on the industry.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- ULI (Urban Land Institute) - Member since 1995
- MARC - autonomous vehicles task force member, 2018
- Pembroke Hill - Raider Club board member, 2016-present
- Midtown KC Now (formerly MainCor) - Executive Committee, 2017- present
- Kansas City Young Matrons - Philanthropic organization member, 2019
- Downtown Council - Board member, 2015 - present
- WLI/ULI - Regional Leadership Award
- Student Housing Business Magazine – researched & published white paper on the rise of Student Housing on Community College Campuses
- Engineering News Record Magazine - 40 under 40 Award
- Bachelor of Int. Architecture, College of Architecture Planning & Design – Kansas State University
- Certification Real Estate Development & Community Planning – Kansas State University