Karlen L. Beitman is the Regional Manager for the Mountain States and the National Expert for non-aviation commercial real estate development on airport property within CBRE’s Public Institutions and Education Solutions practice.
In this role, Mr. Beitman provides strategic planning, development advisory, portfolio consulting and brokerage services to states, counties and municipal agencies in the Mountain States Region and to aviation entities Nationwide.
Before joining CBRE, Mr. Beitman served as the Director of Real Estate for Denver International Airport. In this role, he was responsible for generating non-aviation revenue through the planning and development of office, retail, hotel and industrial commercial real estate located on airport property. Mr. Beitman directed activities such as strategic planning, financial analysis, municipal and FAA entitlements, marketing and ground leasing. Additionally, he supported Airport Leadership with engagement of multiple stakeholders including city, regional, state and federal agencies.
Prior to his position with Denver International Airport, Mr. Beitman held several roles at McCaffery Interests, a private development company based in Chicago. In his most expansive role, he oversaw the asset and property management for a 2 million-sq.-ft. portfolio of mixed-use office, retail, hotel and multifamily projects in Chicago, Washington D.C. and Pittsburgh.
In other roles with McCaffery Interests, Mr. Beitman reported directly to the CEO as Project Manager of Executive Affairs responsible for initiatives related to key real estate developments such as entitlements, pre-development, and project delivery in addition to special projects related to corporate operations and growth. Prior to that, he led the creative and strategic direction of the marketing and research division for McCaffery Interests.
Mr. Beitman began his career in real estate with Newmark Knight Frank as a GIS Analyst, supporting the retail tenant representation team with demographic research and mapping for national clients such as Panera Bread, Firestone Tires and Five Guys.
Professional Accreditations & Affiliations
- Licensed Colorado Real Estate Broker
- Member of NAIOP, ULI and ICSC
- Member of CBRE’s LGBTQ & Allies network group
- Geospatial Analysis and Visual Certification, 2011
- The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences – Chicago/Midwest: Wrote and produced an Emmy®-Award winning short film to pitch a site for the Obama Presidential Library
- Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement for Writing - 2014
- Emmy® Nominee for Outstanding Achievement for Public/Current Affairs Programming - 2014
- University of Illinois–Chicago, Masters of Urban Planning & Policy
- Roosevelt University, Masters of Business Administration
- Northern Builders Scholar 2012-2014