Karlen L. Beitman is the Regional Manager for the Mountain States and the National Expert for non-aviation commercial real estate development on airport property within CBRE’s Public Institutions and Education Solutions practice. Mr. Beitman specializes in the provision of strategic planning, development advisory, portfolio consulting and brokerage services to states, counties and municipal agencies. In this role Mr. Beitman has advised several international airports, municipalities, and mission driven clients on their most pressing real estate projects. His unique expertise includes ground leases, complex ownership structures, acquisitions, dispositions, leases, and portfolio optimization strategies.
Before joining CBRE, Mr. Beitman served as the Director of Real Estate for Denver International Airport. In this role, he was responsible for generating non-aviation revenue through the planning and development of office, retail, hotel and industrial commercial real estate located on airport property. Mr. Beitman directed activities such as strategic planning, financial analysis, municipal and FAA entitlements, marketing and ground leasing.
Prior to his position with Denver International Airport, Mr. Beitman held several roles at McCaffery Interests, a private development company in Chicago. In his most expansive role, he oversaw the asset and property management for a 2 million-sq.-ft. portfolio of mixed-use office, retail, hotel and multifamily projects. In other roles with McCaffery Interests, Mr. Beitman reported directly to the CEO as Project Manager of Executive Affairs responsible for key real estate developments. Mr. Beitman began his career in real estate with Newmark Knight Frank as a GIS Analyst.
- The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences – Chicago/Midwest: Wrote and produced an Emmy®-Award winning short film to pitch a site for the Obama Presidential Library
- Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement for Writing - 2014
- Emmy® Nominee for Outstanding Achievement for Public/Current Affairs Programming - 2014
University of Illinois–Chicago, Master of Urban Planning & Policy, Geospatial Analysis and Visual Certification, 2011
Roosevelt University, Master of Business Administration - Northern Builders Scholar 2012-2014
- Licensed Colorado Real Estate Broker
- Member of NAIOP, ULI and ICSC
- Member of CBRE’s LGBTQ & Allies network group
- Adams County, Co
- Douglas County School District, CO
- Durango School District 9-R, CO
- Town of Pagosa Springs, CO
- Colorado Dept. of Transportation
- Denver International Airport
- Ability Connection of Colorado
- Sound Transit, WA
- Johnson & Wales University
- TriMet, OR
- North County Transit District, CA
- Oklahoma City Airport Trust