Jon Smith is a Senior Transaction Manager with CBRE Advisory & Transaction Services / Global Workplace Solutions, where he provides strategic portfolio planning and guides full-scope transactional implementation on an international basis for clients in the Oil & Gas and Banking sectors.
He joined CBRE in early 2019, previously working with NAI/Latter & Blum and RE/MAX Commercial in the southern Louisiana market. This work included representing investors in the disposition and acquisition of net-leased investment property across a broad spectrum of asset classes. Also, he was the Executive Director of the French Market Corporation, a public-sector corporation owning eight city blocks of prime retail/market space in the French Quarter, several parking operations, and one of the nation’s most historic multi-family complexes.
Before entering commercial real estate, Jon spent fifteen years in the fine wine industry, where he founded and operated a chain of retail wine stores in southern Louisiana and oversaw all business in the southeastern United States for a publicly-traded global wine corporation based in California’s Napa Valley.
Jon earned the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation in 2017 and formerly served on the institute’s National Designation Committee. He sits on the Real Estate Committee of the Greater Houston Partnership, and in his community at home, Jon gives his time to the Houston Food Bank, St. Cecilia Catholic Church, and Strake Jesuit College Preparatory.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designee (2017)
- Licensed by the Texas Real Estate Commission (2019)
- Licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission (2010)
- CBRE Transaction Management Certification - Master Negotiator
- CBRE Transaction Management Certification - Business Strategist
- Urban Land Institute
- Greater Houston Partnership
- University of New Orleans, Urban and Regional Planning, B.G.S.