John Suerth is a Senior Vice President in the Advisory & Transaction Services specializing in Industrial & Logistics at CBRE. The majority of Mr. Suerth’s business is in the greater Chicago area, but he is also an active member of the National Industrial Group at CBRE.
Mr. Suerth has more than thirty-two years’ brokerage experience concentrating in the O’Hare and Southwest suburban areas. Mr. Suerth has specialized in and completed over 500 transactions involving air freight, transportation and logistics companies. Mr. Suerth also specializes in the sale and leasing of food production and refrigerated facilities.
In 2020, Mr. Suerth completed 60 transactions in the Chicago Market, with a transaction value in excess of $350 million dollars. The most notable representing Microsoft in the acquisitions of 33 acres in the O’Hare submarket with a transaction value of access of $52 million dollars.
Mr. Suerth recently signed the largest build to suit transaction thus far in 2021 representing Wayfair in a 1.2 million square foot distribution center in Romeoville, IL.
Since 1988, Mr. Suerth has completed more than 1100 transactions in his career with a cumulative transaction value in excess of $3.8 billion.
- 2003 & 2007 INDUSTRIAL Broker of the Year, Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards (Finalist in 2001, 2006, 2012, 2016, 2017, & 2018)
- CBRE Top Industrial Producer for Chicago in 2006, 2007, 2012 & 2014
- CBRE Top 10 Chicago Industrial Producers from 2003-Present
- NAIOP Award winner 2007 & 2010, Transaction of the Year
- Robert Jackson Memorial Award Winner 2008
- SIOR Award winner 2016, 2018
- Society of Industrial/Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Association of Industrial Realtors (AIRE)
- Wayfair; 1,200,000 SF; BTS Lease; Romeoville, IL
- Safeway Corporation; 1,200,000 SF; Sale; Northlake, IL
- NFI; 992,833 SF; Sale; Joliet, IL
- Seven Up; Dr. Pepper; 888,385 SF; Lease; Northlake, IL
- First Industrial; 509,000 SF; Sale; Joliet, IL
- WW Grainger; 408,932 SF; Lease; Joliet, IL
- KTR Capital; 400,000 SF; Lease; Melrose Park, IL
- Brunswick Corporation; 347,000 SF; Lease; Franklin Park, IL
- Prologis; 345,000 SF; Lease; Melrose Park, IL
- NFI Industries; 317,000 SF; Lease; Bolingbrook, IL
- NFI Industries; 213,500 SF; Lease; Elwood, IL
- Yusen Logistics; 229,841 SF; BTS Lease; Elk Grove Village, IL
- DB Schenker; 180,000 SF; Lease; Franklin Park, IL
- Microsoft; 33 Acres; Sale; Elk Grove Village, IL
- NFI Industries
- Yusen Logistics
- XPO Logistics
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- CenterPoint Properties
- Panattoni Development
- RR Donnelley
- Trader Joes
- First Industrial
- Duke Realty Corporation
- US Food Services
- Amerisource Bergen
- DB Schenker