John Newton specializes in multi-family investment sales in San Diego. He has led the acquisition, redevelopment, and sales of residential and multi-family properties in Southern California since 2012. Before joining CBRE, he was an independent broker and private investor. John’s experience as a principal and owner-operator gives him the perspective to advise clients on issues ranging from design, construction and operations to financial analysis, marketing and sales.
Prior to his real estate career, John was a technology sales professional, providing cloud server virtualization solutions for corporate IT accounts in the U.S., Latin America and Western Europe. He also worked for CNPC in Guangzhou, China. As part of his professional and personal development, John worked on four continents and traveled independently to over 35 countries, acquiring numerous language and cultural skills. John holds a California real estate broker’s license. His language skills include fluency in Spanish and conversational ability in French, basic Mandarin, and study of Arabic and Portuguese. He has made San Diego his home with his wife and sons.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Member – NAIOP
- Member – San Diego Association of Realtors
- Member – SDAR Global Real Estate Council
- Investment and redevelopment experience
- San Diego State University, B.A. International Business with an emphasis in Spanish, Western Europe and Marketing
- Universitat de Barcelona, International economics exchange program
- Université de la Sorbonne, French language and civilization
- China Normal University, Guangzhou, Mandarin language