John R. Miller is the Senior Managing Director for the Pacific Northwest and Market Leader for the Greater Seattle region, overseeing all CBRE service lines and approximately 2,000 employees, including nearly 200 transactional professionals.
In this role, Mr. Miller is responsible for the strategic direction and performance of five offices in Washington and Oregon, including the metropolitan areas of the Puget Sound and Portland. His work includes promoting the CBRE brand and providing guidance and support to local professionals to produce positive client outcomes.
Initially joining CBRE in 2012, Mr. Miller has over 25 years of experience in commercial real estate in the Pacific Northwest, including over 15 years of experience managing full-service brokerage offices. His extensive background spans work in property and facilities management, asset management, and construction management. His corporate financial background also gives him a unique skillset regarding lease and investment sale analyses and negotiation. Mr. Miller's ability to communicate and strategize effectively with colleagues across multiple service lines promotes a collaborative environment and broader service offering for clients.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Miller served as Senior Managing Director for Cushman & Wakefield, where he oversaw the company’s operations in the Puget Sound region. During his tenure, he also served as Senior Managing Director of Cushman & Wakefield of Oregon. Under his direction, the brokerage presence in the Pacific Northwest nearly doubled and revenues across the region tripled.
Mr. Miller previously served as Corporate Controller for Unico Properties for two years before transitioning into an operational role with the company as General Manager of a 1.7 million square foot real estate portfolio in downtown Seattle. He started his career in 1992 at Alaska Northwest Properties, Inc., a former real estate subsidiary of Alaska Air Group, and worked in various financial functions, including as the company’s Controller.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Washington State University, National Board of Advisors
- Dean’s Advisory Board - 2014 to 2018
- Real Estate Advisory Board - 2007 to 2011
- Commercial Brokers Association
- Board Member - 2005 to present
- Chairman – 2011
- Treasurer - 2019 to present
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
- Corporate Board - 2002 to 2010
- Building Committee Chairman – 2005 to 2009
- Champions Council – 2018 to present
- Metropolitan Improvement District (MID), Chairman - 2008
- NAIOP, Member
- "Power 100" - Puget Sound Business Journal, 2020
- CBRE Global Workplace Solutions LMA Partnership Award, 2015 & 2017
- “Rising Star” - Commercial Property News, 2007
- “40 under 40” - Puget Sound Business Journal, 2004
- Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts; Business Accounting, 1992
- University of Washington Real Estate Certification program, 2000