John Kerr is a Senior Vice President with CBRE. His exemplary profession in commercial real estate has been highlighted by numerous local and national high-profile tenant transactions. During his 21-year career, Mr. Kerr has proven his expertise in finding undetected market opportunities in his work with Fortune 500 Companies, financial services firms, media organizations, lobbying firms, law firms and associations. Most notably, he was responsible for representing L-3 Communications (750,000 square feet), Watson Wyatt Worldwide (260,000 square feet), The Advisory Board Company (130,000 square feet) and Merrill Lynch (275,000 square feet).
Mr. Kerr began his professional vocation with Greyhound Corporation in 1981 as regional sales and marketing executive in its consumer products division. In 1985, he became involved in the sale and lease of commercial property with B.F. Saul Company and then later with Walker & Dunlop.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors
- Real Estate License – Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC
- Consistently recognized within the firm as a top producer
- Received several multi-million dollar leasing awards from the Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors
- Acknowledged as a top producer for both aggregate square footage and value
- Received awards for the largest single tenant transaction of the year - 1992, 1996 and 2000
- Ranked among CBRE's top 200 brokers in the United States - 2003, 2004 and 2007
- Received the Washington Business Journal Best Real Estate Deals award for his representation of L-3 Communications in a lease for 282,000 square feet - 2003