Jess Simmons joined the Jacksonville CBRE office in 2008 as a land specialist following a multifaceted real estate career. His history with CBRE goes back to 1985 when he began his real estate career as an industrial specialist. Jess’s real estate experience includes economic development and incentive negotiations, site consulting and selection, project finance, residential land acquisition and development.
Real estate assignments have been diverse and include entitled residential, waterfront high rise, mixed use, assisted living, and commercial tracts. Other assignments have included industrial, recreational land, farmland and golf courses, as well as the successful execution of two large portfolio land sales. He is presently working with his son Johnny, who brings analytical experience and an in depth knowledge of real estate to the table, having worked at several prominent private equity fund shops focused on high-profile real estate.
- 12,500 acres of land sold between 2010-2021 for (non-exhaustive):
- 16,700 residential lots
- 1,954 multifamily units
- 5.3 million sf industrial
- 350K sf retail
- Represented IKEA in a 25 acre land acquisition for a 290,000 SF store.
- Represented Flagler Development on a $46 million portfolio disposition of 186 acres across 17 parcels that sold to a mixture of multifamily developers, industrial end-users and retailers.
- Secured 100 acre tracts in Pennsylvania, Oklahoma and Alabama for three 1,000,000 SF distribution centers for Big Lots, and secured more than $30 million in state incentives.
- Secured a 100 acre tract in Alabama for a 700,000 SF facility for Jo-Ann Fabrics, and negotiated more than $8 million in incentives.
- Represented Crescent Resources (now Crescent Communities) on a $21 million portfolio disposition of 3,600 acres that included eight golf courses and more than 3,000 undeveloped lots.
- Represented Interline Brands for a new headquarters facility in Jacksonville and warehouse space in Puerto Rico.
- Represented Flight Safety International in three different cities, securing more than $100 million in tax-exempt bond financing.
- Worked with banks and FDIC on the disposition of more than a dozen distressed land tracts.
- Acquired more than 1,100 residential lots for a publicly traded national homebuilder.
- Developed more than 500 residential lots for a publicly traded national homebuilder.
- Benton House
- Big Lots
- Brooks Rehabilitation
- Charter Schools USA
- Crescent Communities
- DR Horton
- Flagler Development
- Fletcher Davis
- Flight Safety International
- Florida Power & Light
- Grand Living
- The Haskell Company
- Hines Interests
- Interline Brands
- Jo Ann Stores
- KB Home
- Regions Bank
- Rialto Capital
- University of Florida Foundation
- W.W. Grainger
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – State of Florida
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- CBRE Land Services Group
- CBRE Top Five 2017
- Mr. Simmons has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Tulane University.