Jay O’Meara is an Executive Vice President in CBRE’s Atlanta Office Institutional Properties Group. Mr. O’Meara is responsible for marketing the team’s assignments, serving as the point of contact for many of the group's key relationships, strategy and positioning of offerings, contract negotiations, and oversight of the financial underwriting process. O'Meara is a seasoned commercial real estate advisor with extensive capital markets experience at prominent international service firms. During his tenure with CBRE, the group has represented clients on over 100 million square feet and $17 billion of office transactions. O’Meara has also served as a guest speaker or lecturer for Emory University, the University of Georgia, Vanderbilt University, Morehouse College, NAIOP, and the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors.
In 2004, Mr. O’Meara’s was awarded CBRE’s “McAdams’ Cup,” the firm’s award for the top-producing, first-year broker in North America. He also has been recognized by CBRE as a top 200 producer worldwide, by the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors as one of the city’s top 10 real estate professionals, and the Atlanta Business Chronicle as one of the city’s “top 40 under 40”.
Before joining the Office Institutional Properties Group, Mr. O’Meara was the Director of CBRE’s Financial Consulting Group in the Southeast, a team that provides financial and analytical consulting to brokerage teams and clients. Prior to joining CBRE, he was a Senior Analyst with Cushman & Wakefield’s Structured Finance and Investment Sales groups. He began his career as a Senior Auditor with Porter Keadle Moore, a regional accounting firm.
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Executive Board of Future Leaders, Member of Programs and Special Events Committees
- Elder, Peachtree Presbyterian Church
- Terry College of Business Alumni Board, Member
- Youth Coach – Northside Youth Organization, Peachtree Presbyterian and Northside Tophat
- Licensed CPA, Georgia
- M.B.A, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business
- B.B.A in Accounting, University of Georgia
- 2004 McAdams’ Cup | CBRE’s Award for Highest Producing First-Year Broker
- Top Producing Office Investment Sales Team | Southeast Region |Numerous Times
- Atlanta’s “Top 40 Under 40” |Atlanta Business Chronicle | 2007