In the fall of 2002, James joined CBRE’s Brokerage Services division in midtown Manhattan as a leasing associate specializing in both tenant and agency representation. Since joining this division James has consummated more than 10 million square feet of leasing transactions. A new business development specialist, James represents both tenants and landlords with their local, national and international requirements.
Prior to joining CBRE’s New York office, Mr. Ackerson worked for Disney (Chicago, New York, San Diego) in advertising sales and television production. Prior to that, he worked for CBRE’s La Jolla and Carlsbad offices, while attending the University of San Diego. To date James has held the following positions for CBRE: intern, photographer, administrative assistant, market research specialist and salesperson. James currently resides in New York City with his wife, Miryam, and his four children (Tommy, Hana, Willie and Camila).
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Member, The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Member, University of San Diego Alumni Association
- Member, Mental Health Association of New York City
- University of San Diego, Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- Advertising Council
- Harbinger Capital Partners
- Hewlett Packard
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Societe Generale
- State of California
- The Hartford
- UAE Government