Ian Anderson brings 20 years of commercial real estate and capital markets experience to his role as the Senior Director of Research and Analysis for the Greater Philadelphia region. He is responsible for generating market insight and intelligence and ensuring that clients receive the most thorough, timely and strategic research information, in a way that guides decision making and identifies risks and opportunities. He also serves as a CBRE spokesperson on the commercial real estate environment.
Prior to this role, Mr. Anderson was the Director of Research for Grosvenor Fund Management in North America. His primary focus was to direct investment strategy by identifying the risks and opportunities of property sectors, metropolitan markets, and macroeconomic trends. During his tenure at Grosvenor, Mr. Anderson authored dozens of commercial real estate research reports, economic views, and market commentaries. Before joining Grosvenor, Mr. Anderson worked for a private residential developer and a community development financial institution.
Previously, Mr. Anderson worked for eight years at two of the largest mutual fund organizations in the U.S. His work focused on the sale and investment guidance for a variety of corporate retirement plan products.
Professional Accreditations / Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF), Member of Research Committee<
- American Real Estate Society(ARES)
- Philadelphia Council of Business Economics
- Master of City Planning, University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts, Business and Political Science, University of Pittsburgh