Eric Thomas is a Senior Vice President at CBRE and holds over 20 years of real estate advisory experience. He is a trusted advisor to many clients specializing in Tenant Representation and is known for outstanding client service. He has cultivated a career founded on analyzing and integrating financial, human resources, technology, and talent and brand requisites to create the optimum real estate solutions. Eric specializes in overall real estate strategy development, location and site selection services, lease negotiations, restructuring expertise, business case creation and rationalization to senior level management, and technological solutions to manage and track these commercial real estate commitments.
Eric has built a strong reputation for active community service. He is currently on the Real Estate Board of New York Technology Committee, serves as a MetaProp NYC Real Estate Mentor, and on the Urban Land Institute Steering Committee. Going beyond the real estate industry, Eric is an active Business Council Member of the National Hemophilia Foundation and has supported the not-for-profit organization Back On My Feet, which combats homelessness through the power of running and community support.
Originally from Connecticut, Eric is a proud New Yorker and lives on the Upper West Side with his wife Ionela and two young children Eric James and Ecaterina. Eric and his family love to travel and frequent all the art museums the city has to offer.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) Technology Committee Member (2017 – Present)
- MetaProp NYC Real Estate Mentor (2015 – Present)
- National Hemophilia Foundation Business Council Member (2014 – Present)
- Urban Land Institute Steering Committee Member (2017 – Present)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, New York
- Columbia University, Master of Business Administration, 2022 (anticipated)
- Skidmore College, Bachelor of Science, Political Science Concentration, 2000
- Annaly Capital
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Akamai Inc.
- Factual Inc
- Hardesty & Hanover
- Henry Schein International
- Investec Asset Management
- Oracle Corporation
- Palo Alto Networks Inc.
- Penguin Random House
- Robert AM Stern Architects
- Spotify AB
- The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Twitter Inc.
- Under Armour Inc.