Derrick Banks Mashore is a Senior Vice President for Advisory and Transaction Services. His clients depend on his intelligence, innovation and expertise in complex real estate matters.
Over the course of his 30-year career, Derrick has consulted and advised on hundreds of transactions for nonprofit, institutional, and Fortune 500 clients that involve mixed-use and public/private projects, hospitality, education, embassies, M&A, performing and distressed assets and office buildings.
Beginning his career as an attorney, he focused on corporate law and represented international institutions (World Bank, International Monetary Fund) and municipalities (cities of Philadelphia and Houston). In 1998, Derrick transitioned to a practice leader for PriceWaterhouse Coopers’ Business Outsourcing (BPO) group.
In 2002, he founded Concordis Advisors, the largest national commercial real estate services company wholly owned and operated by minority professionals. In subsequent years, Derrick was an Executive Managing Director and member of the Board of Directors at Cushman & Wakefield; and prior to joining CBRE, a Managing Director at JLL.
- Netflix, global portfolio
- Confidential Tech Client portfolio, 20M SF
- Cedar Realty Trust, mixed-use development consulting
- Neustar, global portfolio
- African Methodist Episcopal Church, advisory
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, master planning, leasing and land sales
- DC09 (DC Lottery/DC Sports Betting), office/warehouse leasing
- Gridiron Capital, advisory
- Creator, Space Matters (www.spacematters.us)
- Writer, Thursday Thoughts , a weekly blog post
- Contributed to stories for the Wall Street Journal, National Real Estate Investor, Real Estate Weekly, Black Enterprise, Washington Business Journal
- Speaker at ISCS, Corenet, CLE, Trustbelt, universities
- Board Member: Ingenuity Prep Charter School, Vice Chair; DCBIA (District of Columbia Building Industry Association); Washington D.C. Economic Partnership; Gridiron Capital; Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association; DC Jazzfest, Building Hope
- Former Chairman, Duke University undergraduate board
- Chairman Emeritus of New Heights Youth Foundation, provides academic and leadership skills to at-risk youth
- BA, Duke University
- JD, Columbia University School of Law
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Comcast/NBC Universal
- Bessemer Trust
- Cedar Realty Trust
- AME Church
- Bread for the World
- DC Lottery
- Gridiron Capital
- Florida International University
- Executive Leadership Council