David Byard is a member of the Occupier Services division for the CBRE Indianapolis office. Mr. Byard has been a leader in the development of strategic and transactional advisory for more than 35 years on a global basis. He joined CBRE in 2014.
David previously served as Senior Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager and Co-Leader of Project Management for DTZ (f/k/a UGL Equis) where he successfully managed the real estate requirements of 85 locations for an International engine and manufacturing/services client, established a new HQ operation, and provided consulting services to its EMEA portfolio. In his 35 years David has completed over $1billion in Tenant and Landlord lease transactions and acquisition of investment real estate.
In the course of servicing his clients, David has demonstrated strong problem solving abilities, strategic insight and technical proficiency. He has provided optimization of property portfolio values, reduction/control of costs and significantly enhanced performance of real estate organizations, projects and teams. David is flexible and creative in determining short- and long-term business objectives and fulfilling the requirements needed to foster the business development.
His experience includes all facets of real estate including Real Estate Acquisition and Disposition; Leasing and Marketing activities for commercial, industrial, retail and mixed use properties; Facility Management and Operations; Capital renovation and property re-positioning; Account Management; Labor Relations; Environmental issues and Remediation; Legal; and Finance.
- iversity of Arizona, Tucson
Partial Transaction List
- Due Diligence for Purchase of 957,000 SF $197.5M urban high-rise, Chicago, IL
- Owner representative for 400,000 SF HQ Transaction in Pittsburgh, PA
- Engaged by Medicare provider for 75 location Portfolio Strategy and Planning, Design and Construction requirements
- Owner representative for 350,000 SF bank HQ Transaction in Louisville, KY
- Portfolio strategy and implementation for international engine manufacturer
- Owner representative for 450,000 SF HQ bank Transaction in St. Louis, MO
- Headquarters acquisition Transaction of 404,000 SF in Indianapolis for international client
- Completed 2 of 6 largest Transactions in Chicago in a single year
- Design/Development interaction on over 2 million SF of new urban high-rise property
- Cummins Engine
- Scotts Group