Clay Hammerstein has devoted his 33-year career to the representation of commercial real estate tenants throughout the United States.
Recognized repeatedly by Los Angeles Business Journal, Real Estate Southern California, Real Estate Forum and Commercial Property News as one of the top brokerage professionals in the industry, Mr. Hammerstein provides strategic advisory and transaction implementation services to leading service firms and major U.S. and multi-national corporations.
Prior to the merger of Insignia/ESG (IESG) and CBRE, Mr. Hammerstein served as a co-founder and co-leader of IESG’s Southern California brokerage division. In this capacity, he was critical to the successful expansion of the firm into the Western U.S., and its development into a top-tier occupier services firm.
Mr. Hammerstein co-founded CBRE’s international Law Firm Practice Group, which has served over 77 of the top 100 law firms in the country. He has a deep knowledge of the legal industry’s evolving trends and unique space needs and advises many of the leading law firms globally on their occupancy strategies.
A creative dealmaker and skilled consensus-builder, Mr. Hammerstein has extensive experience representing some of the world’s most respected financial, consulting and creative firms including Bloomberg, Goldman Sachs, State Street Bank, Credit Suisse, Netflix and Gensler.
- Former Board Of Directors, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, L.A. Chapter
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Science; Political Science
- Colbert Coldwell Circle Member, top 3% of CBRE professionals worldwide (2003-2019)
- Real Estate Southern California’s Annual Top Broker List (2004-2019)
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s Top Office Broker List (2007-2019)