Chris Volney is a Senior Director of Client Strategy with CBRE’s Labor Analytics, based in San Francisco, CA. Chris has over 12 years of experience in real estate and location advisory consulting and has developed a primary focus helping fast-growing technology companies identify new expansion markets that are aligned with both their current and long-term organizational objectives and their unique corporate values and culture.
Prior to joining CBRE, Chris spent four years as a Managing Director with Newmark Knight Frank’s Global Strategy Consulting group where he specialized in site selection and location strategy engagements servicing a variety of clients seeking location solutions throughout the world. Prior to Newmark, Chris was a member of the Corporate Occupier Services Consulting group at Savills Studley located in New York City and Washington, DC.
Chris has been an advisor on hundreds of projects for a wide variety of clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. He embraces an analytically rigorous approach to location strategy that enables companies to approach their decision-making in a way that effectively reduces risk and ensures long-term sustainability.
- CBRE Rising Professionals Organization
- Site Selectors Guild “Emerging Leader”, 2018
- Real Estate Forum Magazine “Deals, Dealmakers, Places, and Placemakers” Award, 2016
- Newmark Knight Frank “Rising Star” Award, 2016
- Savills Studley “Excellence in Service” Award, 2012
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Master of City and Regional Planning (Specialization in Real Estate and Community Development)
- Boston University, Bachelor of Arts (Double Concentration in Urban Studies and Economic Geography)