Catherine Thomas is a Director with CBRE’s Valuation & Advisory Services group in Austin, Texas. Ms. Thomas has more than ten years of real estate appraisal and consulting experience, including research, analysis and appraisal of properties for lending, litigation, right-of-way and other purposes under eminent domain. She is an MAI and SRA designated member of the Appraisal Institute, and serves on the board of directors for the Austin Chapter of the International Right of Way Association (IRWA).
After graduating from The University of Texas in 1993, Ms. Thomas worked in human resources management for small, high-tech companies. In 2004, she entered the appraisal profession with positions as a commercial real estate appraiser with several companies, including Atrium Real Estate Services and Paul Hornsby and Company. Prior to joining CBRE in 2014, Ms. Thomas’ professional experience was focused in providing litigation support for ongoing cases at the hearing or trial level, having provided expert witness testimony in numerous special commissioners’ hearings in several Texas counties. Currently, her responsibilities include real estate appraisal, analysis and market studies, primarily for clients in Austin and throughout the Central Texas Region.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Certified General Appraiser, State of Texas
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI, SRA)
- International Right of Way Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Member
- St. Edward’s University, Master of Arts in Human Services
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts
- Convenience store appraisals throughout Texas
- Ranch and agricultural appraisals throughout Texas
- Wind farm in South Texas
- Appraisal of full and partial acquisitions (fee simple or easement) for governmental or condemning authorities throughout Texas
- Expert witness throughout Texas