C.J. Kelly is a Senior Vice President in CBRE’s Debt & Structured Finance Group (DSF), CBRE’s investment banking arm. Mr. Kelly joined CBRE in 2013 following the acquisition of Resource Real Estate Partners, and was a Vice President with CBRE Atlanta’s Capital Markets Investment Properties Group, where he provided advisory services for income property sales, equity financing and land sales in the southeast region. Mr. Kelly joined the Atlanta Commercial DSF team in 2014 and has since successfully structured, negotiated, capitalized and closed over $2 billion of trades, developments and recapitalizations.
Mr. Kelly heads the DSF Institutional Group for Office properties in Atlanta, and works closely with multiple investment sales teams throughout the southeast. Beyond transactional advisory work, Mr. Kelly’s business focuses on providing full service, white glove advisory work to a select group of clients. Mr. Kelly’s Team works in constant concert with their clients to provide peerless consultation on both their current objectives and long-term portfolio management. Mr. Kelly has a focus on bringing Institutional equity partners to top-tier local owner/operators and developers throughout the southeast and into the Sunbelt.
Before returning to his hometown of Atlanta in 2008, Mr. Kelly spent more than seven years in New York City working for top tier structured finance and investment banking firms with a focus on commercial real estate. In his capacity as a loan originator at NorthStar Realty Finance Corp., Mr. Kelly was responsible for approximately $900 million of investments through a variety of structures ranging from whole loan senior mortgages to mezzanine and preferred equity investments. Prior to his employment at NorthStar, Mr. Kelly worked with Shorenstein Properties and Eastdil, now EastdilSecured, where he began his career.
Mr. Kelly has more than 15 years of capital markets expertise in Atlanta and New York City, and has been involved in more than $6 billion of transactions across a wide variety of asset types. He lives in Atlanta with his wife, son and dogs. When he’s not capitalizing real estate, Mr. Kelly loves baseball, bar-b-que and tennis.
- 2151 Hawkins | Charlotte | Office | Const. Debt & JV Equity | $140,000,000
- The Denham | Birmingham | Mixed, Adaptive re-use | Const. Debt, JV Equity, Hist. Tax Credits | $32,000,000
- Salesforce Tower | Atlanta Office | Acq. Debt | $174,000,000
- Castlegate Portfolio | Various SE | Multi-Fam | JV Equity | $5,250,000
- Selig Portfolio | Atlanta | Retail, Self-Storage, Office | Revolver Facility, Fixed & Floating Perm Debt | $90,000,000
- The Addison Dallas | Office | Acq. Debt | $48,000,000
- Paces West Atlanta | Office | Acq. Debt | $132,000,000
- Cherry Creek Plaza | Denver | Office | Acq. Debt | $56,000,000
- NAVA Portfolio | Atlanta | Multi-Fam | Acq. Debt | $74,100,000
- REGA (Real Estate Group of Atlanta): President (2020-’21); Board Member (2017-’20)
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- GA Salespersons License
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Portman Holdings
- TerraCap Management
- NXT Capital
- ESJ Capital Partners
- Pope & Land
- NORO Management
- Square Mile Capital
- Crocker Partners
- Farallon Capital Mgmt.
- Castlegate Prop. Group
- Lincoln Financial
- Prime Finance
- Principal Financial