Ben Bastian is a Vice President in CBRE’s Capital Markets Debt & Structured Finance Group in Minneapolis where he focuses on structuring and brokering debt and structured capital on behalf of clients primarily in the Minneapolis/St. Paul market. Ben is clients’ single point of contact as he works on each stage of financing transactions from initial underwriting and marketing through to a successful execution and funding. He frequently collaborates with the Investment Properties, Multifamily Investment and Advisory & Transaction Services professionals within his market. Since joining CBRE in 2012, he has played a key role in the origination, underwriting and closing of more than $1.3 billion in debt and equity transactions. Ben is experienced in financing multifamily, office, industrial, retail, hospitality, land/ground leases, owner-occupied and single-tenant net leased properties.
Through the CBRE platform, Ben represents a variety of capital sources and investors: life insurance companies, domestic and international banks, Wall Street sources (CMBS), Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD and investment banks.
Ben began his career in commercial real estate capital markets in 2005. Prior to joining CBRE, he was a member of Cushman & Wakefield of Minnesota’s Capital Markets Group, where he worked on the disposition of $2.0 billion of commercial properties. Ben has been an active member of NAIOP since 2006 and previously served as a Board Member on the Minnesota Chapter. Ben also currently serves on the One Village Partners (OVP) organizing committee, a group that partners with villages in Sierra Leone, West Africa to improve quality of life in their communities.
- University of St. Thomas Real Estate Alumni Council
Past President and Vice President
Council Member, 2005-Present
Guest Lecturer at UST Master's and Undergraduate classes
- NAIOP Minnesota Chapter
Board Member, 2014-2015
Chair, Developing Leaders Committee, 2013
Member, Developing Leaders Committee, 2008-Present
- One Village Partners
Volunteer, 6th Annual Real Estate Breakfast co-chair and organizing committee member
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association, Member
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate Salesperson
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America, Member
- University of St. Thomas, B.S. Real Estate Studies
- 2017 NAIOP Developing Leaders Award Recipient
- CBRE MN 2017 Rookie of the Year Award
- Industry finance expert for CCIM and MNREJ events
- Guest speaker for NAIOP’s Educational Mini Series: The Real Estate Capital Stack
- CBRE 2012 “Power of We” award recipient
- Community Service Award from Cushman & Wakefield of Minnesota